fox news?

Discussion in 'Orby TV - Support Forum' started by danristheman, Apr 15, 2019.

1. danristheman

danristheman Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

Any word on fox news coming to orby?

2. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member

Only thing I've seen is on their site.
    Why don’t you offer FOX News? Is this political?
    We definitely do not have a political agenda. We don’t carry FOX News for the same reason we don’t carry certain sports channels – it’s too expensive! When a TV provider like Orby TV wants to carry a particular channel, they can often only do so by carrying a lot of other expensive channels from the same company. FOX News is owned by a company that owns a number of other channels – if you want one, you have to take them all. And to add insult to injury, you have to charge all of your customers for all of the channels, whether they want them or not! That could mean an extra $20, $30 or more per month. Our goal at Orby TV is to offer a broad line-up of channels at a terrific price. We’ve chosen not to carry expensive channels from certain companies on Orby TV. We will constantly look at new channels and add them only when we can do so while keeping the monthly price of Orby TV low.--------
    I would have Orby right now if they had Fox news. I wonder if it would do any good to ask Fox to let them buy just news channel, or if they would even notice something like that.

3. steve092211

steve092211 New Member

cannonz I have heard this same response also, from other smaller carriers. Fox charges a crap ton of money to carry their channels, and from what I have heard, they do not split them out. Same with Viacom, Showtime, and others. I am actually surprised they are now carring HBO and Skinamax.

4. olliec420

olliec420 SatelliteGuys Pro

I hear that but I bet its slightly political too. Pluto.tv runs hard left young turks network and nbc news as moderate and nothing for right. Cox puts Fox between MTV and Comedy Central on our system in the "comedy and variety" section and no in the news section.

Separate names with a comma.

More...