Fox pulls plug on ''Til Death'

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER
Fox confirmed that "'Til Death" will finally be put out of its misery after four seasons. The ratings were never in "'Til Death's" favor, but the economics were. Fox gave the show a 22-episode order in January 2009 after Sony Pictures TV gave the network a break on the license fee -- a deal Fox couldn't refuse.
Source & More: variety.com

About time...

The only reason Sony sold the rights for the final season for $1 was to get enough episodes to sell it into syndication.

I watched the last episode from Sunday and I didn't laugh ONE time. Every season was a different focus than the one before. The first two seasons were about the neighbors, his boss the principle and his wife and their interaction. Then last season was about the crazy black friend that no one liked. This season has been about the ever changing daughter and the crazy tree hugging hippie stereotype from the 60s . The worst part was I didn't like either of the main characters as people: Brad and Joy. I thought at one time that FOX was trying to keep this show on till MY death.

Thank God it is canceled.

I didn't like the main characters either. I thought the show had best potential when they still had the neighbors on, the "Woodcocks". I liked them much more than Brad and Joy.

I think we all know that the only reason it stayed on and the only reason we all watched is the apparent display of the chest region through the life of the show.:p

Other than that, it didnt have a prayer.

I really liked this show but the last season without the woodcocks as neighbors it seemed to go downhill. They were an important part of the show. It seemed like it was near and end when they left.

I really liked this show but the last season without the woodcocks as neighbors it seemed to go downhill. They were an important part of the show. It seemed like it was near and end when they left.
I liked, not loved, the show when the Woodcocks were a weekly staple, but I haven't watched the show regularly since. Funny...I wondering if the show was 'Til Alive' this past weekend and considering checking-it out, but didn't have time. Anyway, it looks like their are 3 new episodes in the queue that haven't aired...wonder if Fox is going to broadcast them?

To be honest, I also like Brad Garrett (great comedic talent) but there was something "missing" with this show. Regardless, I hope to see Brad Garrett in soemthing better down-the-road.

The psycho principal was kinda funny and Joely was always fun to watch. Not gonna cry too hard on this one. I never did understand the switching the actress that played the daughter. Did like the actress who played the ukelele on Scrubs... Was weird seeing her as a waitress THEN as the daughter. I'm sure there was a story there somewhere behind the scenes. Maybe they were just trying to get a friend a few extra paychecks I guess.

I saw a episode those week and I was unsure if it was a re-run or not. I agree with some of the above posts, the "best" episodes were when the neighbors were involved.

I liked, not loved, the show when the Woodcocks were a weekly staple, but I haven't watched the show regularly since. Funny...I wondering if the show was 'Til Alive' this past weekend and considering checking-it out, but didn't have time. Anyway, it looks like their are 3 new episodes in the queue that haven't aired...wonder if Fox is going to broadcast them?

To be honest, I also like Brad Garrett (great comedic talent) but there was something "missing" with this show. Regardless, I hope to see Brad Garrett in soemthing better down-the-road.

Maybe it was Ray Ramano of "Everybody Loves Raymond?" They were funny together on that show.

Maybe it was Ray Ramano of "Everybody Loves Raymond?" They were funny together on that show.
The entire "worked-well" together from top-to-bottom in my opinion. Anyway, unless something changes it looks like new episodes (final three episodes) will be broadcast the next two weeks. I'll record these because I am interested in finding out the show end. At leaset they should have 20-30% upswing in the ratings.

I am betting the show won't "End" as much as just leave you hanging. I doubt they have enough people watching, that even are interested enough to care, if they film a neat tied up ending to the show.

I saw a couple episodes this season and it defiantly not the same without the neighbors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts