Fox Soccer Channel Plus

Apparently, Dish's contract with all the FOX networks (FX, Fox News, FSC, etc) is about to end soon. So hopefully any new agreeement that is reached will include the HD feed of Fox Soccer Plus.

Any chance they may lower the steep $15 a la carte fee? Shouldn't/Couldn't this channel be bundled with the multi-sport pack? How can this one SD channel be worth as much as the whole HBO set of channels which are mostly in HD? Is FSC+ really charging them that much per sub? I just don't understand why it's so expensive.

psychotrope said:
Any chance they may lower the steep $15 a la carte fee? Shouldn't/Couldn't this channel be bundled with the multi-sport pack? How can this one SD channel be worth as much as the whole HBO set of channels which are mostly in HD? Is FSC+ really charging them that much per sub? I just don't understand why it's so expensive.

Fox are horrible in that aspect. I want that channel so bad, but I am not that stupid to get ONE channel for 15$! It's not worth it, period.

My understanding is that there isn't a lot of HD programming to actually show on FS+. As to why pay $15 for it? $15 isn't too bad of a deal, though with ESPN2 showing a few more matches, the draw drops a bit, but there is a ton of rugby and football to catch on it. $15 a month really isn't bad at all. People are just really cheap.

Personally, foxsoccer.tv makes FS+ irrelevent, with its even more absurd amount of content available. But once again... people are really cheap and expect to be able to watch EPL for next to nothing.

It's not so much about being cheap as it is about hoping to watch EPL for a similar amount of money as many of the American sports; for example, RedZone is half the price of FSC+. But since soccer - especially European soccer - is something of a niche sport with a small but very loyal following in the USA, it's understandable that they would charge a premium for the extra coverage. The loyal fans will gladly pay for it while those of us with a casual interest in the EPL will complain about how much more expensive it is. And you're right: FoxSoccer.tv does make FS+ obsolete... at least until FS+ gives us HD coverage.

It's not so much about being cheap as it is about hoping to watch EPL for a similar amount of money as many of the American sports; for example, RedZone is half the price of FSC+. But since soccer - especially European soccer - is something of a niche sport with a small but very loyal following in the USA, it's understandable that they would charge a premium for the extra coverage. The loyal fans will gladly pay for it while those of us with a casual interest in the EPL will complain about how much more expensive it is.
Honestly, FS+ has programming... FSC has a few games, a few replays (I do like the one hour replay) and a ton of infomercials. FS+ has programming all day.

And you're right: FoxSoccer.tv does make FS+ obsolete... at least until FS+ gives us HD coverage.
I just up'd my bandwidth from 1.5 Mbps to 10 - 12 Mbps and while foxsoccer.tv isn't "HD" at that speed, it looks better than FSC in analog on the HDTV. Very impressed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)