Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
FOX SOCCER PLUS TO DEBUT NATIONWIDE ON DISH NETWORK®

Offers exclusive soccer content from around the globe

Englewood, Colo., Feb. 26, 2010 – DISH Network L.L.C., the nation’s fastest growing pay-TV provider, today announced the launch of Fox Soccer Plus, a new premium network designed to complement Fox Soccer Channel and complete the ultimate soccer fan experience.
Fox Soccer Plus, available beginning March 1 on DISH Network Ch. 406, will feature new exclusive matches from England’s Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, England’s FA Cup, Italy’s Serie A, the prestigious Carling Cup, and action from the Coca-Cola Championship. The network also will showcase an annual selection of live and exclusive England Men’s National Team matches.
In addition to comprehensive international soccer coverage, Fox Soccer Plus also offers an extensive lineup of rugby matches from England’s Guinness Premiership, the European Heineken Cup and Magners League. The network's total annual programming package will include nearly 600 exclusive events.

“Fox Soccer Plus gives die-hard soccer fans access to some of the most sought-after soccer content in the world and augments DISH Network’s already substantial lineup of top-rated sports programming,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “In addition, rugby fans now have a premier destination to catch all of their favorite matches from around the globe.”

Fox Soccer Plus will be available to DISH Network customers for $14.99 as an a la carte option. To learn more about DISH Network’s sports programming or to order Fox Soccer Plus, call 1-888-333-DISH (3474) or visit Sports Programming and Sports Channels Available at DISH Network.

Notice it is the same channel number.

FIOS and DirecTV and Dish are supposedly all going to automatically convert Setanta subscriptions to FS+ - undoubtedly in the hope that this would be a greater number than if people actually had to call to subscribe. ;)

Notice it is the same channel number.

FIOS and DirecTV and Dish are supposedly all going to automatically convert Setanta subscriptions to FS+ - undoubtedly in the hope that this would be a greater number than if people actually had to call to subscribe. ;)

Even if I had to call to re-subscribe, I would. Yeah, I'm a rugby addict.

If you do a "Check Switch" (Menu-6-1-1-TEST) - (when nothing is recording), then your receiver will download the new Program Guide, which now has the Fox Soccer Plus Guide Information starting on March 1st.

One of the nice things is that there is some programming in common with FSC, like "Sky Sports News", but they have staggered the times, so that it is shown on a different time than FSC. So, if you get both channels, and you miss the 7pm ET showing on FSC, then you can catch the 9pm ET showing on FS Plus.

Last edited:
It's good to know we'll have the channel but, really, I'm not sure if I'll subscribe unless they offer it in HD.

However I could change my mind about the SD offering if it offers drastically different Serie A matches that can't be seen on FSC on delay or on RAI.

I really hope the channel lights up in HD... :eek:

If you do a "Check Switch" (Menu-6-1-1-TEST) - (when nothing is recording), then your receiver will download the new Program Guide, which now has the Fox Soccer Plus Guide Information starting on March 1st.

Looks like no more Super 14 Rugby after the transition :( :(

I'm currently watching my first HD rugby match on BBC America HD. It's Six Nations England @ Ireland.

I always enjoy watching national teams play so this should be a treat.

GO IRELAND! Tho they got pounded a couple weeks ago on BBCA

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what is the difference between the regular Fox Soccer Channel and FSC+?

Same as the difference between ESPN and ESPN2.

Except that Fox Soccer Plus is an "a la carte" channel like Setanta used to be.

So, you can subscribe to it even if you only have a minimal package that does not have FSC.

Conversely, some people who have FSC will not want to pay the extra money for FS+.

PS Fox has announced that FS+ will launch in HD, but so far no word on any cable or satellite provider having it in HD.

I would think there's more to FSC + then simply being Fox Soccer #2.....why would anyone pay $15/month for it if it was just lesser events than whats on the FSC?

HD version of FSC+

I guess on march 1st we will have to look around and see if there is a HD version of the station to go along with the SD version on 406.

I would think there's more to FSC + then simply being Fox Soccer #2.....why would anyone pay $15/month for it if it was just lesser events than whats on the FSC?

In local sports, your local channels and your RSN have all the games of your local team.

If you follow a team in an overseas league, then in order to see all their games, you have to subscribe to all the channels that carry that league.

In other words, FSC and FS+ together are sort of like NBA League Pass, in that if you have both, you have all the available games from the English Premier League, the European Champions League, and the Italian Serie A.

If you only want half the games, then you can either subscribe to a bigger package (AT250 or Dish Latino Max) and get FSC, or get a smaller package and get FS+ for $15 per month.

The mystery here is that Setanta failed to break even, while showing the same programming for the same price - so how is Fox going to avoid losing money doing the same thing??

The mystery here is that Setanta failed to break even, while showing the same programming for the same price - so how is Fox going to avoid losing money doing the same thing??

Well Setanta spent a lot of money to sub-license Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League matches to show on their channel. So that cut into their profit margin, if they had one. Now that Fox has two soccer channels, they have a continuous revenue stream from Fox Soccer Channel, which they get paid per subscriber in whatever package their channel falls into on cable and satellite. Plus, they now have Fox Soccer Plus, but they will be filling it will programming from leagues they already have licenses for. So there is no sub-licensing involved for Fox Soccer Plus. So whatever they make from $14.99/mo per subscriber, they're not spending a large chunk of that on licensing.

It would be very nice to see Fox get Premium La Liga licenses now that they have two outlets. Or they could just buy Gol TV. Fox did piss me off today when they did not show the Inter game. There were 5 freaking goals scored in that game, and it's not even being shown on delay!

Well Setanta spent a lot of money to sub-license Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League matches to show on their channel. So that cut into their profit margin, if they had one. Now that Fox has two soccer channels, they have a continuous revenue stream from Fox Soccer Channel, which they get paid per subscriber in whatever package their channel falls into on cable and satellite. Plus, they now have Fox Soccer Plus, but they will be filling it will programming from leagues they already have licenses for. So there is no sub-licensing involved for Fox Soccer Plus. So whatever they make from $14.99/mo per subscriber, they're not spending a large chunk of that on licensing.

Are you forgetting that FSC licensed those EPL matches to Setanta and got a huge chunk of change for them? Now, they own all those matches again, so they are in the exact same situation as Setanta for FS+. They aren't getting the money from Setanta, so that will also cut into profits for FS+. They need FS+ to be in a programming tier, or sports tier, so they can get more money than as a premium ala carte channel.

I'm gonna pass on FS+ for now. If HD lights up I'll consider. If it moves to Sports Pack, I'll add. If they can add better "filler" programming (i.e. Soccer AM and other bSkyb material) I'd add.

I gladly gave Setanta my money until Setanta UK folded and we lost the magazine shows like Football Matters, The Friday Football Show, Setanta Sports News filler, and of course I'm on Setanta Sports\S1TV with the special one. Shut up Wynalda!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts