FOX SOCCER PLUS TO DEBUT NATIONWIDE ON DISH NETWORK

There is also news of the 9.99-14.99 fee going away for FS+ and just being added to the sports package at the end of the season some time this summer. Of course this is through another provider Comcast not Dish, but it would be good for Dish subs too if they did the same thing.

There is also news of the 9.99-14.99 fee going away for FS+ and just being added to the sports package at the end of the season some time this summer. Of course this is through another provider Comcast not Dish, but it would be good for Dish subs too if they did the same thing.

Yup. If this were in Dish's Sports Pak, I would have to get it. I'm sure not paying for the Sports Pak (in spite of the NFL Red Zone thing) and then $15/mo. on top of that for FSC+!!! No way.

Right now foxsoccer.tv is a much better deal than FS+, if you can output to the TV. I just don't find it so likely that FS+ would go down to a typical sports tier. That seems like wishful thinking. I'd gladly welcome it, but unless Fox had plans of making money by selling top games exclusively to ESPN2 instead of showing a couple themselves, FS+ is still a premium channel. Setanta was worth the $15 /month as the programming offered was great, even if the video quality wasn't. FS+ is more FSC Duo with some rugby, not all that Setanta had.

That would definitely be a good value adder for the sports pack!

Hope this is true .... happy to pay $5.99 to get this channel swith the other contents of Multi-Sport, not happy to pay $15 for this channel alone. Plus PPV sports channels seldom do very well (see Sentanta), so I can see Fox putting this into a package. This would make Multi-Sport much more compelling during the winter and spring when NFL RZ isn't active.

Just a heads-up to those who get Fox Soccer Plus for the $9.99 reduced rate. That price is grandfathered from when the channel was Setanta Sports. Once you drop the channel, the price then becomes $14.99 if you want to add it back. I just dropped Fox Soccer Plus earlier this week (not satisfied with the programming.... I miss French Ligue 1, Super 14 rugby, etc). Anyways, I just checked my online account and noticed the option for Fox Soccer Plus at $9.99 price was removed. Only has option for the channel at $14.99 price.

Just a heads-up to those who get Fox Soccer Plus for the $9.99 reduced rate. That price is grandfathered from when the channel was Setanta Sports. Once you drop the channel, the price then becomes $14.99 if you want to add it back. I just dropped Fox Soccer Plus earlier this week (not satisfied with the programming.... I miss French Ligue 1, Super 14 rugby, etc). Anyways, I just checked my online account and noticed the option for Fox Soccer Plus at $9.99 price was removed. Only has option for the channel at $14.99 price.

The drop of a bunch of content was definitely not a happy thing. More Serie A, I don't want more Serie A. However, Foxsoccer.tv (their internet site) has Super 14 available on it. If you've got the internet connection for it, Foxsoccer.tv seems to be shaping up to blow Fox Soccer Plus away with content. The price is about the same. I will say that their ability to provide content isn't great yet, however (audio lags sometimes, can lose the connection to the feed). I'll stop derailing from Dish Network... kudos to them just to have the channel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts