Fox Sports Midwest and the St. Louis Blues

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
Anyone watching the game? Did you hear that announcement? They said Fox Sports Midwest in the St. Louis region has chosen to not show dozens of the games this year.

I was pumped to see 74 games on FSNMW, how I'm p*ssed.

I've been with Dish maybe 15 years, but I'll switch next week if this stays this way.

Anyone know why this has happened???

:mad:

Anyone watching the game? Did you hear that announcement? They said Fox Sports Midwest in the St. Louis region has chosen to not show dozens of the games this year.

I was pumped to see 74 games on FSNMW, how I'm p*ssed.

I've been with Dish maybe 15 years, but I'll switch next week if this stays this way.

Anyone know why this has happened???

:mad:

I heard it as well. I JUST switched to DISH two weeks ago and now I might miss HALF of the Blues televised games? If DISH doesn't show even ONE of these games I'll be going to everyone I can find and working to get them to switch to another provider. I'll be shopping around tomorrow trying to see if another provider will pay for me to break my contract. DISH is for NHL fans? Maybe other NHL fans, but NOT Blues fans!!!! Once again the little guy gets the shaft in a war between a provider and a network. RIDICULOUS!!!!! :rant:

so your going to switch when you'll receive the same # of games anyways?

All of the other providers agreed to pay slightly more to carry all 74 Blues games. DISH cheaped out and isn't carrying 34 of them, including tonight's game, which just got blacked out on my TV. AAAAARGH!!!!! :rant:

What was the actual announcement?

As noted above, if its FSN Midwest who isnt going to carry the games, then DirecTV or Dish wont have them

This is just shows the Apocalypse of St. Louis Sports that started when Matt Holiday had that great ninth inning a week ago is still going strong. Our teams can't win games and now E* subs can't even see them lose!!!!!!
If this is the true reason, then I hope that the Dish ads are taken down at Scott Trade.

What was the actual announcement?

As noted above, if its FSN Midwest who isnt going to carry the games, then DirecTV or Dish wont have them

But FSN Midwest IS carrying the games. This year, FSN Midwest greatly increased the number of Blues games they are carrying. Other service providers, including Charter Cable (which I JUST left three weeks ago), DirecTV, and AT&T UVerse have the Blues-Coyotes game on right now in the St. Louis area. DISH Network subscribers got shown the first ten minutes of the programming, and then got unceremoniously dumped to a crappy generic FSN Top 50 Greatest .... show. FSN Midwest asked all providers to pay more as a result of FSN carrying more Blues games. DISH elected not to show 34 of the BLues 74 games this year and not pay the extra money. This is a sorry situation, and I feel duped. I would have NEVER switched to DISH had I known this was going on. The first inkling we had of this in the ST. Louis area was today. This is an incredibly dirty move by DISH, especially because I chose them due to Versus being available. Hmm, choose DirecTV or cable and miss 5 Blues games on Versus or choose DISH and miss 34(!) on DISH. Which do you think I would have chosen had I known? And now I'm stuck in a freaking two year contract with these bozos. I feel absolutely CHEATED as I sit here tonight. :mad:

But FSN Midwest IS carrying the games. This year, FSN Midwest greatly increased the number of Blues games they are carrying. Other service providers, including Charter Cable (which I JUST left three weeks ago), DirecTV, and AT&T UVerse have the Blues-Coyotes game on right now in the St. Louis area. DISH Network subscribers got shown the first ten minutes of the programming, and then got unceremoniously dumped to a crappy generic FSN Top 50 Greatest .... show. FSN Midwest asked all providers to pay more as a result of FSN carrying more Blues games. DISH elected not to show 34 of the BLues 74 games this year and not pay the extra money. This is a sorry situation, and I feel duped. I would have NEVER switched to DISH had I known this was going on. The first inkling we had of this in the ST. Louis area was today. This is an incredibly dirty move by DISH, especially because I chose them due to Versus being available. Hmm, choose DirecTV or cable and miss 5 Blues games or Versus or choose DISH and miss 34(!) on DISH. Which do you think ?I would have chosen had I known. And now I'm stuck in a freaking two year contract with these bozos. I feel absolutely CHEATED as I sit here tonight. :mad:

bschulte,

I would write a message to Dish and tell them this. I'm pissed myself since it affects Center Ice and the Blues are my West team!

It looks like they are having the same problem with the Dallas Stars games! This freaking sucks!

An Important Message for Stars Fans with Dish Network: - Dallas Stars - News

I've already emailed them, talked to them via chat, and called them.

I don't want to switch to DirecTV, as I think their prices are slightly higher, and they don't have VS, but I'll give up those 5 Blues games on VS if I can watch 35 more on FOXMW.

I might give them until the next game scheduled to be on that Dish chose not to carry, which is next Friday against Minnesota.

I still don't understand, if FSN-MW had a contract already in place with Dish how FSN could ask for an increase in the middle of a contract? That sounds crazy!? I just hope this is fixed soon! :rant:

bschulte,

I would write a message to Dish and tell them this. I'm pissed myself since it affects Center Ice and the Blues are my West team!

It looks like they are having the same problem with the Dallas Stars games! This freaking sucks!

An Important Message for Stars Fans with Dish Network: - Dallas Stars - News

I chatted with them, just sent an email, and a supervisor will be getting a piece of my mind bright and early tomorrow morning. These disputes between stations and providers are KILLING my ability to watch my teams. I switched from Charter because they do not carry the Big Ten Network in STL and don't have my Illini on. Now this. I'm honestly kind of beat down at this point. None of these TV providers have everything I want, and I'm afraid if I switch again I'll only be dealing with this with some other channel/provider combo. Sigh.

I'm actually glad this happened while Center Ice is in Free Preview mode, because I'm thinking about saving my money myself now!

I just watch the Flyers online for free, too many games in crappy SD on CI. I just DVR the replays of the Canadian RSN feeds in HD from NHL network. Plus Dish atleast has VS.

after reading the article, its FSN you should be mad at

The Blues dropped KPLR (Channel 11) from their local TV package this year and moved all their telecasts this season to FSM, increasing that outlet's schedule from 51 to 74 games. In turn, it has insisted on a rate increase for the cable/satellite systems that carry it's signal.

Deals have been reached with Charter cable, AT&T U-Verse and DirecTV. But an impasse remains with Dish Network and MediaCom, which has many customers in central and southwest Missouri, as well as parts of Iowa and central Illinois

Basically FSN looks like they said "well since we are carrying more games now instead of the stupid "Best Dumb Show" reruns we want to charge more for our channel whether Dish/Direct/etc is in a contract with us or not".

I still don't understand, if FSN-MW had a contract already in place with Dish how FSN could ask for an increase in the middle of a contract? That sounds crazy!?
EXACTLY!!!

Here's a post from chatting with a customer service rep just a few minutes ago:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jimmie: This has nothing to do with my account but I wanted to say how upset I am about not having the St. Louis Blues on tonight! Here's a story about the situation.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...#####692037BF6EF#####650007A4341?OpenDocument

(03) Ethan B. VVR: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Ethan B. VVR: I am so sorry to heat this from you.
(03) Ethan B. VVR: I am sorry to inform you that the game was blacked out by the Fox Sports Network.
(03) Ethan B. VVR: We have not yet received a confirmation from Fox Sports Networks about this issue.
Jimmie: I'm hearing it's a contract dispute?
(03) Ethan B. VVR: Please don't believe in the blogs and the wrong information posted on the websites.
Jimmie: Is this issue going to be resolved then?
(03) Ethan B. VVR: Yes, it will be.
(03) Ethan B. VVR: We have several customers reporting this to us now.
(03) Ethan B. VVR: We are looking out for the issue.
(03) Ethan B. VVR: We will bring out a solution as soon as possible.
(03) Ethan B. VVR: We are trying to contact Fox Network to get the updates.
[/FONT]

after reading the article, its FSN you should be mad at

Basically FSN looks like they said "well since we are carrying more games now instead of the stupid "Best Dumb Show" reruns we want to charge more for our channel whether Dish/Direct/etc is in a contract with us or not".

EXACTLY!!!

You'd have a point...if all of the other providers had not agreed to pay. I feel duped by DISH, and I'll be letting a supervisor know tomorrow morning via phone. This is also happening to Dallas Stars fans.

EDIT: Here's another reason I'm mad at DISH:

"FSMW added 23 games.
Dish is threatening to not show 35 games."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts