Reasonable wait time for return boxes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spragers

Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
WI
Here's the situation: I canceled my Dish Network contract back in June. I was told on the phone that they would bill me for my early termination fee that same day, and they would send boxes out for me to return the equipment. I waited a few weeks without receiving the boxes, or getting charged, and called about the boxes - I was told they would ship out within a week.

Well, it's almost December and I have yet to be charged for the early termination fee, and I have yet to receive any return boxes. How long should I hang onto this DVR before I should consider myself fully fallen through the cracks? The credit card they have on file won't even be valid anymore if they do decide to charge me.

Any suggestions?

Normally, the boxes should have been sent out to you and received in 3 to 5 days. Your CSR may have dropped the ball and not sent out the boxes. I am surprised that you have not been charged for the receivers already - usually Dish jumps all over that. I would give Dish a call and ask for more boxes to be sent out. Then again, if it's been that long, somehow, we may have forgotten about you. Then again, again... if Dish does pick up on it, you may see a charge on your credit card. I would think to be safe I would call them and ask them to send more boxes out.

Also if your credit card expires they will send you a bill. If you do not pay it they will hit your credit score and report. U will have bad credit just cause u will not give em there boxes, which is not worth it. just keep everything logged with times when you spoke to a csr and there name to protect ur self.:angel:

just one suggestion. i used to work for dish network at one of their call centers. i saw this happen everyday, what csr's would do when customers would call in and cancel is put the a credit for about 6 months worth of dish pause so the customer wouldnt get a bill, and put the account on dish pause. that way the csr would not have a cancel on their records.

so you may want to call dish and see if that's what they did to you.

that's just what i would do

Contact CEO

If you dealt with CSRs in cancelling your account and were told you would have boxes sent out and its been this long and still no return boxes.I would definately contact a CEO at dishnetwork and tell them you have dealt with CSRs to no avail and want to get this account settled immediately.
Also on behalf on your Credit Card,did you cancel the card you use for Dish,even if your cards expiration date has expired they can still try and sometimes succesfully charge your Card (especially if its a debit Card,hopefully its a real Credit Card and you will have some way to fight charge)If card gets rejected they sometimes wait a bit and resubmitte with a guess on expiration and if they get new expiration date correct,youve been charged.so do yourself a favor cancel that card outright.I know this to happen as it was done with me.
When contacting CEO request a phone call from them,be polite and even if you have a contract you owe money on ,they may let you off or give you a discount.Let them Bill you,dont give them new Credit card info.Its also worth checking your credit report to make sure they havent hit you.

Thank you for the suggestions. I went ahead and ran a credit report, and apart from my lone credit card, there was nothing else of interest (no collection items, at least). It is a "real credit card" through CitiBank (I never use a debit card for purchases) so I'm not concerned about that.

I will email the CEO address if I don't hear one way or another by Christmas, as that will be at least 6 months if they did in fact put a "pause" on my account as was suggested. This DVR is quite large after all and takes up a lot of space in my small apartment :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)