Trouble "Moving"

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Just curious if anyone else has had trouble "moving" their service address Lately. I had a service address in San Antonio TX ( I live in Laredo, TX) which I had to move back a few months ago related to a move. Now, when I tried to move back, they refused to move my service address unless a tech went out to my San Antonio address to "inspect" my existing setup in "San Antonio." So now I am stuck with Laredo locals and the ONE hd channel they provide.

I have played CS roulette and its no help. It seems my account is marked on their end. Any ideas?

DISH has already been in trouble for selling out of market network programming. Maybe they are having to crack down on obvious movers.

Yeah I even tried that. They pretty much told me that I had to have someone come out to check out the installation before they would approve it. 2 separate CSRs have told me this. I think I am going to wait until the new year and try again.

been there, done that

I had same problem one time. Are you using the same service address that you had previous to the move back to Laredo? If so maybe that is the problem.
You "moved" away from that address and "moved" back in. Not sure I had to play CSR roulette and tell them had a local dealer do the install. Could be you just had the house remodeled. Just some thoughts on the "move".

I have "moved" back and forth from my Houston made up address to my real service address several time, with no problems. I just tell them I live in Beaumont but work in Houston during the week. Sometimes I stay at home for vacations etc. I also have 3 dish accounts ( mine, mom, aunt)and they are all at made up service addresses.

Just a thought

I have "moved" back and forth from my Houston made up address to my real service address several time, with no problems. I just tell them I live in Beaumont but work in Houston during the week. Sometimes I stay at home for vacations etc. I also have 3 dish accounts ( mine, mom, aunt)and they are all at made up service addresses.

It was just a thought to why he might have problems. When I "move" there is no way for them to verify it since it is a fictional addy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)