Fox Sports Net

theman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 2, 2004
Hello!Has anyone heard that we will be getting Fox Sport Net at any time.Where i live in n.c. thats a big channel for hockey when the Espn puts a block on local area games.Thanks :wave :wave :wave

y0da_jedi

Jun 23, 2004
Here is Voom's reply to my request for Fox Sports Net:

"Thank you for your feedback about VOOM’s channel lineup. We appreciate your interest in having us add FOX Sports Regional to our program offerings. While I cannot disclose information about any pending or potential programming offers, I can tell you that customer feedback has led to the addition of new programs and channels in the past. Recently we added ESPN HD and the Golf Channel to our lineup."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2004
There's no dobut VOOM wants to have the regional sports networks, I think its just a matter of capacity right now.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
forget about it. Hell we can even get the rest of the missing sd channels like hgtv, etc, then the HD ones hdnet or inhd, or a freakin software update. FSN? You are asking for a freaking miracle!!!

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
FSN's the last thing I want Voom to do.

Let's:
1)fix the PQ
2)get the rest of the National channel lineup in place then
3)think about adding Regional stuff.

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
DarrellP said:
FSN's the last thing I want Voom to do.

Let's:
1)fix the PQ
2)get the rest of the National channel lineup in place then
3)think about adding Regional stuff.
I agree, voom has a mountain of PQ problems and STB issues and missing channels to fix before it worries with RSN's.

rcmojo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 2, 2004
vurbano said:
forget about it. Hell we can even get the rest of the missing sd channels like hgtv, etc, then the HD ones hdnet or inhd, or a freakin software update. FSN? You are asking for a freaking miracle!!!
Hgtv before the Fox RSN's? That's laughable. You obviously are no sports fan :)

Hawkshaw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 26, 2004
Fox Regionals

I had to sign up with DishNet just to get the Fox Regionals. The DishNet PQ is really bad but better than nothing. I had to watch the All Star Game on DishNet because my Voom OTA antenna does not pick up the local FOX channel. As I've said before, this Fall one of them will go and it will be VOOM if the Regionals are not provided.

Hawk

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 5, 2004
I don't think the dude talking about HGTV has anything to do with sports, it's keeping the Missus freaking happy so that YOU can watch sports in peace.

rcmojo

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 2, 2004
Dvlos said:
I don't think the dude talking about HGTV has anything to do with sports, it's keeping the Missus freaking happy so that YOU can watch sports in peace.

No kiddin'. My wife hasn't yet bought into voom - missing way too many of her fav sd channels. I'm sure hoping a year from today I'm not still paying for 2 satellite services.

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
rcmojo said:
Hgtv before the Fox RSN's? That's laughable. You obviously are no sports fan :)
I am a sports fan. But you will get all those worthless missing SD channels before you get something like RSNs. RSNs will take a large amount of bandwidth and its just not available yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)