Fox Sportsnet

bpasker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Do you not get Fox Sports with the sports package? I beleive I have ordered and was searching and searching in my "sub" guide but couldn't find it. Low and behold my receivers tell me I don't get Fox Sports. Do you have to get the everything package for this? I think I already have the 120 package as well. :confused:

Just about everywhere in the country qualifies for one or another sports net. They are all in the 410-430 range and the one that is assigned to your area comes with AT120.

If you just subscribed, it can take a little up to 48 hours before the blackout situation is updated on your receiver.

See ya
Tony

Really the only 2 areas that dont have a RSN right now are Chicago (until CS Chic lights up) and Philly (due to CSN Philly and their loophole)

I'm in central Iowa and should be getting the Chicago one. That explains it all, thanks for the help everyone.

so what is the ETA as of now for this? And does anyone know why the decision was made to switch? Not that I really cared for Fox other then to watch the Bulls and Blackhawks.

bpasker said:
so what is the ETA as of now for this? And does anyone know why the decision was made to switch? Not that I really cared for Fox other then to watch the Bulls and Blackhawks.

No later than 4/1/05 it will be on Dish

Chicago Comcast

bpasker said:

It was announced on a recent "Charlie Chat" (December '04 I believe) that Comcast Chicago will be on Dish Network "on or before" April 1, 2005.

Charlie himself said that Comcast Chicago will be up before MLB baseball season starts (which happens to be 4/4 for the Cubs cause I will be at their season opener in Phoenix). @party

I live in Chicago, and caught just about every Cubs game last year on FSN-Chicago... and I've heard that Dish will be pick up CSN on 4/1... my question is, does anyone know if the games will be in HD? According to CSN they will be... does that mean they will be transmitted in HD on Dish?

goaliebob99 said:
the reason that CCSPN C isnt being picked up by dish is an internal decishon from comcast the last that i heard.. not echostar's fault

Then why didn't echostar keep Chicago Fox Sports on till 4/1/05?

JP Threw said:
Then why didn't echostar keep Chicago Fox Sports on till 4/1/05?

Cause Charlie is cheap. Really cheap! :rolleyes:

It ticks me off that Direct TV already has Comcast-Chicago in it's lineup, yet Dish Network is too cheap to add the channel until 4/1/05. There are alot of Bulls games, Cubs pre-season games, and a couple of the #1-ranked Univ. of Illinois Men's B-ball games I've missed because of this BS.

One note. For awhile, Direct TV had BOTH Comcast-Chicago and Fox SPorts-Chicago, but recently (right after the first of the year) Fox Sports was dropped from their lineup.

One good thing I have heard about Fox sports recently (I get the sports package which still includes a number of Fox Sport networks). They have FIRED that cokehead Tom Arnold, who had no business being the host/court jester on "The Best Damn Sports Show, Period".

Good move Fox getting rid of the no-talent idiot and drug-induced Tom Arnold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)