Fox Weather coming to DTV stream

99F20FAA-9427-435B-A255-2FF1A30D7EF0.jpeg

So is it an actual Weather channel like WeatherNation or Weather adjacent like TWC?

It is an actual weather channel. No reality shows or preaching about global warming. They just tell you about the weather. They are especially good during severe coverage.
You can watch free at fox weather
That's cool. Don't need another weather channel to show Ice Road Truckers, Slightly Worse Than Usual Weather '15, and Clouds That Look Like Things instead of weather.

I stumbled on Fox Weather accidently last Fall when I got my new phone and was re-downloading my apps, went to type in Fox News and Fox Weather auto populated. At first I thought it was just an app, I didn't realize right away it was a dedicated streaming channel. I love the presentation, no commentary, no filler, no irrelevant 'reality' programming. The lack of localized forecasts may be an issue for some, but for big weather events Fox Weather will be my go to source. The app has improved a lot since it was released but still not there yet. Wish it had a Weather Clock widget so I could dump the Yahoo Weather app, among a few other things.

For big events, I wonder where they are getting their on the scene reporters from in non O&O markets. Right now there is a reporter on from KDFW which is O&O. I didn't watch it when we had a big snowfall in January so I'm not sure if it was covered. Our local Fox affiliate is owned by Sinclair and up until last year used the local NBCs affiliates (Tegna owned) news staff. The newscasts were brought inhouse but they are not produced locally from what I understand, but rather a mish-mash from other Sinclair owned Fox affiliates from across NY State.

Guys, again. If you want to talk the political aspects of topics, there is a section for that.

That section is NOT in the main forums.

While some posts have been deleted at the request of the poster than made them, one has been removed from being able to post in the thread because of the reply.

The rules are simple.

Reactions: raoul5788
For big events, I wonder where they are getting their on the scene reporters from in non O&O markets. Right now there is a reporter on from KDFW which is O&O. I didn't watch it when we had a big snowfall in January so I'm not sure if it was covered. Our local Fox affiliate is owned by Sinclair and up until last year used the local NBCs affiliates (Tegna owned) news staff. The newscasts were brought inhouse but they are not produced locally from what I understand, but rather a mish-mash from other Sinclair owned Fox affiliates from across NY State.
Meh... just use a green screen, like they did way back (Steve Carrell days) on The Daily Show for the Tour de France "footage" among other "footage" they provided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts