Fox Widescreen with Dish 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LoBridge

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Alamogordo, NM
Is there any trick to get Fox Widescreen programs (24) to actually display widescreen? I get KFOX out of ElPaso, TX in digital and none of the programs that are supposed to be widescreen are...

Thanks in advance

LoBridge

LoBridge:

I use an 811 and Fox Widescreen programs are displayed Widescreen. I suspect this is an issue with your affiliate rather than the 811 based on my experience ;)

Cheers,

I had a similar problem with the local UPN affiliate not broadcasting the HD signal of Enterprise for a couple weeks. I emailed them and later got a response from the Program Director that they were unaware that the HD signal wasnt going out that found several issues they were also unaware of. By the next week they had it fixed, and it's been in HD ever since.

Luckily I haven't had any problems w/ the FOX broadcasts (NASCAR looks nice in widescreen!)

I just received an e-mail from my FOX station and they said that they are not broadcasting the widescreen feed yet. He informed me that FOX is going to switch over to 720p in "a couple of months" and they are waiting for that before the do any widescreen. Thanks for the advice!

LoBridge said:
Is there any trick to get Fox Widescreen programs (24) to actually display widescreen? I get KFOX out of ElPaso, TX in digital and none of the programs that are supposed to be widescreen are...

Thanks in advance

LoBridge

I live in Las Cruces and get the same Fox channel you get. (I assume you are getting it OTA as I am) They actually have two channels, 15-1 and 15-2. 15-1 is the network feed and 15-2 is the local. 15-1 seldom broadcasts anything, usually at night if they do. 15-2 does not do wide screen yet but the picture quality is really good. I emailed KFOX a while back asking them about HD content (like when they would actually do it) but did not get an answer back from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)