FOXNOW on Roku

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
My wife is into "Sleepy Hollow" on FOX. We have a Roku and I installed the FOXNOW channel around a month ago. The first time I tried to access the channel I got the "authorize" screen. Went on my laptop, put in the site and code given, and got an error saying "contact your provider". However the channel worked fine after clicking past the message.

Fast forward to this AM. Same scenario, but now the Roku will not go beyond that "Contact Provider" warning/error when trying to play the episode. I tried from scratch several times without success.

Some background. I live in the Springfield MA DMA where DISH is fighting with WGGB (FOX and ABC provider). I do not get the channels in my locals package. This is not a new thing, dispute has been going on for several years now.

So I guess my question(s) are why did the FOXNOW channel work for a month? Does it take them that long to verify an account so they give you the benefit of the doubt? And isn't this petty seeing how you can watch the show directly on the Fox website? As well as on DISH Anywhere?

One thing I didn't have time to try this AM was watching via the Roku Hulu channel. Thinking that might work since that's where DISH Anywhere pulls it from, but who knows.

It's kind of a PITA to hookup a laptop via HDMI to my TV, but as it stands now that's what I'll have to do so she won't have to watch on a small screen. Seems stupid to me since there's so many ways to watch the episode on a 'puter. I could understand it a bit more if all those avenues were "authorization" blocked as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)