Framing issues on SD programming on HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Has anyone else noticed any framing issues with SD (4:3, letterbox) programming on a stations HD channel?

For instance, NFL-HD broadcasts a lot of non HD, 4:3 stuff. When tuning to a specific HD channel, ie NFL-HD, you get the native ratio of that broadcast. (If it's non-HD you get 4:3 and pillar boxes. If it's HD, you get 16:9 and a full screen.) Well, I just noticed over the weekend that SD broadcasts on HD channels have a slight framing issue on my TV. When a non- HD channel is on, I get a white fuzzy horizontal line across the very top of the screen. It almost seems as if the picture needs to be shifted a bit vertically to eliminate seeing this annoying fuzzy line.

This problem is eliminated if I switch to that stations SD counterpart. So in essence, I am getting the same SD picture whether I view on that stations HD channel or SD channel if I leave in native format, however the HD counterpart seems to have a framing issue by displaying this annoying white fuzzy line at the top of the screen. I get no framing problems or white fuzzy lines if the same station broadcasts an HD image though. Very strange.

Any ideas?

For the record I have an HR-20

I had this noise line on only one of my HD telvisions and corrected it by shifting the picture up with the H20 receiver menu. I am not in front of that receiver now to identify the "position" menu.

I had this noise line on only one of my HD telvisions and corrected it by shifting the picture up with the H20 receiver menu. I am not in front of that receiver now to identify the "position" menu.

There's a way to shift the picture through the receiver? Is this function available through the HR20 as well? Later, when you're near your receiver, please fill me in on how to do such.

My framing issues appear to be fixed. By switching native resolution "off", the noise line in the upper top of the screen appear to have disappeared.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)