Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
My mom recently looked at her bank statement online and found a charge of $9.55 from Den Enterprises and phone number 1-877-487-4751.

The problem with this is, 1) she never bought anything for $9.55, 2) never heard of Den Enterprises, and 3) calling the number you only get a voice mailbox, without any company name, just a male voice instructing you to leave a message.

I took it onto myself to investigate for her, so I went to Google and typed in Den Enterprises, and I couldn't find anything. Typed in phone number given and was able to find (877) 487-4751 which had about two pages of people stating that they too had been charged varying amounts, all less than $10 ($9.55, $9.60, etc.) and none that was authorized. One person/poster said that they had missed a $9.60 charge in September and that in November got a $200 + charge on their card.

Anyways, my mom went to her bank and was able to cancel her debit card (charge was through debit card #) and order a new one. She also had to fill out a affidavit to get charge refunded back to her. So no loss here, but wanted to post this for everyones information. Everyone needs to double check bank and credit card statements for charges like this (might not be under Den Enterprises or even same number). Just wanting everyone to keep on the look out for stuff like this.

My mom also sent a complaint to our Attorney Generals Consumer Protection division, informing them of situation, at the least so they can be aware. However, honestly, I want this company, I mean theif prosecuted! At the very least, they stole my moms debit card number, to do this, they'd have to commit some kind of crime, electronic, physical, it don't matter to me, I'd just like to see these type of people punished...

By the way, my mom is going to be 71 on the 31st, so she uses this card less than most (myself included).

However, honestly, I want this company, I mean theif prosecuted!

Just to be clear, while the Den Enterprises might be the culprit, its also possible someone is taking advantage of an innocent company as well, using fake cards with stolen numbers in order to purchase items.

Many gas/convenience stores allow transactions under $25 and don't require ID or signatures. Its all too easy nowadays for theives to create fake credit cards with legitimate numbers and are simply hitting the same company repeatedly. They may be as much a victim as you are.

Many gas/convenience stores allow transactions under $25 and don't require ID or signatures.

that bothers me. I understand its a "convenience" to their customers (as they say) but the one day I told the manager of the gas station that I could get a couple cc and just go here and cub (the grocery store across the street) and get a bunch of $20 charges and nobody would know.

Basically its helping out the crooks instead of helping the honest folks

Thanks for the heads up; was your bank able to tell you anything detail wise?

Nothing more than I know. Company is from Illinois, listed as a Game/Hobby store per (877) 487-4751 posts. Beyond that, nothing else is known...

If anyone around here can find more, please post here so everyone knows info too... Lets get info out, so that others don't get hit and/or know what they are up against.

However, honestly, I want this company, I mean theif prosecuted!

Just to be clear, while the Den Enterprises might be the culprit, its also possible someone is taking advantage of an innocent company as well, using fake cards with stolen numbers in order to purchase items.

Many gas/convenience stores allow transactions under $25 and don't require ID or signatures. Its all too easy nowadays for theives to create fake credit cards with legitimate numbers and are simply hitting the same company repeatedly. They may be as much a victim as you are.

I understand what you are saying and I agree, let me rephrase, Den Enterprises or someone acting as Den Enterprises is a theif and should be prosecuted for fraud...

Gas stations I have to agree on, they should require at least a pin to use a CC or debit card (debit card requires pin at gas stations I go to, but rarely does debit transaction work, have to put it through as a cc transaction). I also feel that our info shouldn't be stored on anything anywhere. Everytime you use a card (checks now with electronic check!!) it gets sent somewhere, and therefore, someone can steal it, even if you don't use it online.

that bothers me. I understand its a "convenience" to their customers (as they say) but the one day I told the manager of the gas station that I could get a couple cc and just go here and cub (the grocery store across the street) and get a bunch of $20 charges and nobody would know.

Basically its helping out the crooks instead of helping the honest folks

I'm with you there. Seems crooks always have a leg up somewhere...

BTW, congrats on going over 30,000 posts, all I've got to say is WOW.

I understand what you are saying and I agree, let me rephrase, Den Enterprises or someone acting as Den Enterprises is a theif and should be prosecuted for fraud...

Hmmm, you said you understood, but then you again repeat the possible error.

Its quite possible Den Enterprises is innocent, and is itself being victimized by someone over and over again purchasing from them using fraudulent credit cards.

Given that we believe its a game shop, it could be some punk kid using stolen credit card numbers going in and purchasing small items because he knows he doesn't have to show id or the card there. As I said, many small shops don't require ID or even signatures on purchases under a certain amount.

Not saying Den is innocent. They may very well be guilty. But its far more likely that its someone is abusing the company than the company itself is the culprit. After all, all the charges are usually easily reversed. The company has little to gain from this sort of fraud as its very easy to catch. Someone buying from them however using a fake credit card is much harder to trace and until caught its impossible to recover whatever merchandise they bought.

Hmmm, you said you understood, but then you again repeat the possible error.

Its quite possible Den Enterprises is innocent, and is itself being victimized by someone over and over again purchasing from them using fraudulent credit cards.

Given that we believe its a game shop, it could be some punk kid using stolen credit card numbers going in and purchasing small items because he knows he doesn't have to show id or the card there. As I said, many small shops don't require ID or even signatures on purchases under a certain amount.

Not saying Den is innocent. They may very well be guilty. But its far more likely that its someone is abusing the company than the company itself is the culprit. After all, all the charges are usually easily reversed. The company has little to gain from this sort of fraud as its very easy to catch. Someone buying from them however using a fake credit card is much harder to trace and until caught its impossible to recover whatever merchandise they bought.
A company that has received dozens of chargebacks due to fraud, and is not actively doing something to prevent fraud? Yeah, I'd say they are crooks - allowing potential illegal activity to occur because it brings them business without creating a hassle to ensure that the business is legit.

2-3 chargebacks? I wouldn't be concerned.. but if dozens of people report it on the internet, then you can expect hundreds of people have had it happen. Hobby stores are not generally THAT busy that they would not even notice a few hundred chargbacks over a year or so (1-2 a day!?) due to fraud. If they recognize it, then start checking ID's and it'd stop. Not doing so may or may not be criminal under the law as it's written, but it's criminal in the sense of being unjust to the common person.

I went through something like this twice, first time was a monthly charge for a news letter that I never received for $4.95 a month and it took a while to get through it with the bank. Second time was feb 2006 for an electronic check for $299.99 through bank of america ( NOTE!! I've found alot of info inregards to thieves using this bank for fraudulant purposes ), somehow the person had gotten either an old check or checking account number and routing number and did an electronic check, what gave it away as phony was the address was one I had lived at 2 years prior and my full name was reversed.

Im not sure where the person got the info from, the branch of BOA was in Ohio and the only thing I can figure is something that I paid for on ebay years earlier with a check.

hey everyone,
hows things goin?well id just like to say that i am a statistic of the den enterprise scam.i just noticed on my bank statement a charge of 9.55 which i never allowed.called my bank,locked out my account and will change my info.everyone who conducts business online should religiously check their accounts and notify all of your findings.i will call the attorney general and register a complaint as well everyone should whos been a victim of this fraud.just thought id sound off.

thanks for listening

I, too, have been a victim of this Den Enterprises for 9.55. What's odd is they say it was a signed debit purchase......the bank can't find if it's my card or my husband's as it has yet to be posted...it's pending. It's because I found this posting that I contacted my bank to alert them
cdublu50

In doing a little more research, I found a website that definately tells us we are not alone in this. Go to (877) 487-4571 and you can read quite a few people's comment who have also been hit by this company. Well, the whole websit won't show here I guess but if you do a search on this number, you will find it under 800notes.

Last edited:
In doing more research, just do a search on the phone number 1-877-487-4751 and go to 800notes and you will find a lot more people dealing with this company.

Fraudulent Charge posted by Den Enterprises in IL

I also have a fraudulent charge of $9.55 posted to my master card from Den Enterprises with a transaction date of 08/02/2008.

If you call their toll free number and don't get a clear identification of who they are, well, I don't think they're innocents.

DEN Enterprises

I logged on to my bank account today and found a charge that I was unfamiliar with, I looked at where it was and it said DEN Enterprises. I had no clue who that could be so I called the number...it was inactive. I searched for them online, and found more than one Fraud complaints. I was charged $9.65 on 11/14/08. and have filed a fraud report with my bank. Warning to others...watch out for these charges in your bank account. I have no clue how they got my information. The phone number that was posted to my charge is: 800.596.9658, so it is different than others that have posted complaints about DEN Enterprises.

I was charged also $9.65 and I reported to my bank that my credit card number was stolen. It is unauthorized transaction with company which doesn't exist. Also, I think maybe my data was stolen during my moving when I asked the US POstal Service to forward my mail to the another place. Maybe there is a problem, I don't know. However I am get stuck because I left US couple months ago and live in the another place of the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts