Free Air Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ssainvil

Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
Boston: Northern MA Campus
Hello Everyone!
I'm new on board and however need help about open up a cyber cafe in Haiti satellite service.
Does anyone know anything about which company that I can internet service in Haiti? My second question is this: I would like to take with me some satellites and receivers there. Could anyone tell me what type of satellite and receiver that I need to buy for my journey? Please anyone, I need some help.

Stephan

I would suggest that you only buy the receivers and LNBFs to travel home with. Dishes would be much cheaper to buy in Dominican Republic and truck them in. What type of TV programming do you want? Take a look at "the List" for an idea of what is available on FTA.

For the satellite Internet for the cafe, check with this company, http://www.newerasystems.net . They have experience setting up projects like yours.

I taught school in Haiti in the 80's. South of Port au Prince in Diquini. What a great experience! Planning on returning this fall to volunteer for a few weeks on a few rebuilding projects.

Good luck with your project.

Last edited:
I would like to take with me some satellites and receivers there.
Taking actual satellites from their orbits may prove to be a challenging task for a novice... :D But you can figure out first, what sats and channels you can actually receive on a motorized dish of sufficient size from your cafe in Haiti, assuming there are no trees or large buildings blocking the sky, by using Lyngsat.com, Satbeams.com and Dishpointer.com. Talk to Sat TV program providers in your area, what equipment you would need to receive programs you like, since some of them may be scrambled.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!
I'm new on board and however need help about open up a cyber cafe in Haiti satellite service.
Does anyone know anything about which company that I can internet service in Haiti? My second question is this: I would like to take with me some satellites and receivers there. Could anyone tell me what type of satellite and receiver that I need to buy for my journey? Please anyone, I need some help.

Stephan
:welcomeTo Satellite Guys!
What Channels are you wanting to pik up in Haiti? If "Faith Based" such as TBN you would be wise to contact them on their website as they may already have equipment ready to set up there. Otherwise a phone call to Satellite AV, one of our GOLD sponsors who responded above might give you good answers, quicker as they can ask the right questions.
POP

But wouldnt most users of cibercafes be playing online games and such? Would a Satellite based internet service be adecuate for gaming? Wouldnt it be better to have cybercafes based on DSL or cable services, provided they are available in the OP area?.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)