Free Ch. With Dish

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
What was the free set of Ch. you could get with Dish by asking them to be added ?

abricko said:
The EKB is the ONLY thing that is useful on the dbstalk board... i wish satguys would start their own EKB then i could not ever have to go to the other board!
Why don't you like dbstalk?

...sigh...

The EKB is not part of the other board. It is an independent site that has resided on their server since before this board was launched. The full story is in the fine print on the EKB home page.

With due respect guys, it seems a lot like SatelliteGuys is where the pot gets stirred, regardless of who adds the stuff in into it.

I'm unbiased either way because I enjoy both sites. Both provide certain information before the other.

Anyways, the free public interest channel package is really for foreign channel subscribers isn't it? Since all of them are already in the lowest basic English package.

DBSOgre said:
Anyways, the free public interest channel package is really for foreign channel subscribers isn't it? Since all of them are already in the lowest basic English package.

People who have less than AT60 can add them. DishFamily only has about 1/2 of those in the package so they can be added. Also, people who have just locals could. Sky Angel only customers have added it too :)

Iceberg said:
because we don't :)
"we"? Speak for yourself.

There is lots of excellent information at dbstalk. They have expert users and are currently working directly with E* on fixing bugs. They even arranged with E* to FedEx me some diagnostic equipment to help them solve Thursday's corrupt hard drive message that some 622 users got.

As for free channels, why not try IA-5 at 97 degrees west?

DBSOgre said:
I just checked the list of the channels on the EKB list and I already receive them, I am on the Gold package, I never requested them. I switched to Dish from DTV over 2 months ago, must get the exact date to cancel the free HBO, don't need it with a Netflix sub.

Count me as another who enjoys both sites. As someone else mentioned before me, each has its own merits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)