Free DVRs

tony2tall

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
I have a friend who claims he has received 3 DVRs from DISH free of charge. Customer rep charges him then posts a credit later. I have saw all 3, unboxed one of them myself & hooked up for him. He subscribes to every channel possible. I know new customers can receive DVR free. I tried this route & had no success.

I will bet he dosen't own the DVR's DISH does I will also bet his bill shows that he is leasing them for $5.00/Mo. and he is paying $4.98/Mo/DVR for the DISH video on demand fee. I wouldn't call $30 a month FREE.

Haven't seen his bill but Boba's explanation seems to answer how he does it.

if he was an exisiting customer, this isn't really possible unless he was given some adjustments, however he could get two for a small upgrade fee depending on what he qualified for through the Dish n' it up Promotion....... if he's a new customer it's probably just the normal DHA promotion.

larrystotler said:
He can get the 522/510/510 with the DHA. He does not own them. As for the VoD fees, if he has the AEP, then he's only paying $10 for the additional 2 receivers.

what's AEP mean? (sorry... still learning the lingo)

if you have AEP and already lease you'll only pay a one time upgrade. Other wise you'll pay a lease fee of 5.00 and a dvr fee of 4.98. But still you'll have an upgrade fee of at least $50.