Free for 3 months! (with commitment)

I now see the HBO- Starz offer on DishNetwork website says "with commitment. "John"
I took that offer on the dish site thru the chat feature, but i asked if there was any commitment renewal and the csr said no new commitment, so i accepted and i have it in writing in case my commitment was extended.

IF you are a new sub - yes you will have a commitment. IF you are an existing sub - there is no commitment and you have to call back to cancel at the end of the 3 months to escape a charge.

Well I also tried going thru the chat option on the same day as the Charlie chat. I have been a customer for many years. This is the transcript.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Sabrina S.
(03) Sabrina S: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Sabrina S: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Sabrina S: I see that you have HBO and Starz on the account, and there is no commitment with this channel son your account.
John Host: So at the end of 3 months I can call and cancel if I no longer want it?
(03) Sabrina S: Well, it is not free on your account.
John Host: I don't understand. It says free for 3 months.
(03) Sabrina S: We had an offer , that you can get HBO and Starz free for 3 months with 24 months commitment.
(03) Sabrina S: You need to subscribe for it to get it free for 3 months.
John Host: I do not want to make a commitment. I wa just trying to find out if there was a commitment when it said it was added to my account. Please remove it then.
(03) Sabrina S: Well as you are paying for it there is no commitment for that on your account.
(03) Sabrina S: Please understand it is not free on your account so there is no commitment.
(03) Sabrina S: If you still wish to remove it I will go a head and remove HBO and Starz now.
John Host: I am not paying for it. I have never had it before. I was just checking out the offer 15 minutes ago and it said it added it to my account.
(03) Sabrina S: Okay, I will go a head and remove it now.
(03) Sabrina S: I have removed it.
(03) Sabrina S: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
John Host: The only thing I have is cinemax for a penny. Please do not remove cinemax.
(03) Sabrina S: Yes, you have it on the account.
John Host: I want to know how it was added without ever telling me there was a commitment. Something is very wrong with you website for that to happen.
(03) Sabrina S: I apologize for any inconvenience.
John Host: OK, thank you and goodbye.
(03) Sabrina S: You're very welcome.
(03) Sabrina S: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.

It's quite possible that the old three month with no commitment deal expired and the new deal requires a commitment. Makes me glad I took advantage of the old deal a few weeks ago.

I also got it with no commitment. Also Dish now offers automatic down grade, at the end of the 3 months they will take it off your account automaticly.

Make sure that you call back and that they actually remove it. Otherwise they will charge you for another month.

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557
Existing DISH Network customers: requires qualifying programming package, including a minimum of Classic Bronze 100, TurboHD Bronze, DishLATINO Clásico or a select International programming package. You must either sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing or provide a valid email address. You will receive a credit for each of the first 3 months. After 3 months you must call to downgrade or then-current price will apply. Offer expires 5/05/09. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
THERE should not be a COMMITMENT for "Existing DISH Network customers" who have the minimum packages stated above and have paperless billing.
the best way to get this is, look under "offers" in your online account.
You will get 3 credits of $22.

Yeah it screwed up my bill, Bill was 94 but when I did the 3 months it dropped to 71. They charged me the 71 and left the other 23 for next month. CRS was very rude about trying to explain why they didn't charge me what my last bill was. She did say that my 3 months would automatically go away on May 21st still.

they do make it very confusing. It's not free for three months per se, you just subscribe and they give you three months of credits. Credits and subscription term may or may not be concurrent :) Good luck figuring all that out, as usual.

What if you are already subbing to HBO? Can you drop it, then re-up? Or will they just credit it. Or will they even do it?

Can you just delete it from the online account management when the 3 months is (almost) up or you do you have to call them to get rid of it? And are they still charging the $5 downgrade fee for canceling?

You can cancel it just like most programing, by phone, by online chat or account management. Phone or online chat makes more sence since you are actually communicating with a person and change should take effect almost immediately. And no, there is not downgrade fee since your dollar amount will not change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)