Free HBO & Starz Question

DP1962

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I have about 10 months left on my Dish Network commitment and I'm wondering about the commitment for the 3 months free HBO & Starz, it says customers with an existing commitment will be required to agree to a new 24 month commitment, anyone know if this would be in addition to the 10 months(so 34 total) I have left on my original commitment or would that be 24 months total starting now?

It resets your commitment to 24 months from the time you sign up for Free HBO & Starz. I added this 4 days after ordering Dish and they were specific that it restarted my 24 month commitment, not added to it (ie: 48 months, yikes!).

Its totally up to you if your happy with Dishnetwork its an okay deal.That is if your planning on staying with Dish go ahead but know you will be commited to another 24 months. I personally didnt think it was that great of a deal.Better off to go with Netflix.You will have better choices.

You can leave during the commitment, but it will cost you. Those of us happy with our ViP receivers don't necessarily see the commitment as a problem. And I've been around long enough to know it swings in favor of one company for a while, then the other. I'm not chasing rainbows, and putting more holes in my roof. I suspect first Q next year will bring us good news. There certainly have been enough hints to that effect.

Just added this tonight. Figured why not. I'm not switching to Direct, and cable is non existent out here.

Just have to remember to log into chat and cancel in less than 3 months.

Like I said, I've got no plans on switching to Direct, and the only other option I have is to torrent TV shows. And while I don't mind downloading the occasional show I miss due to football running over, or the signal being lost, I watch a lot of TV, that is a lot of downloading.

No it's not a great value. But free programming for 3 months is free programming.

Like I said, I've got no plans on switching to Direct, and the only other option I have is to torrent TV shows. And while I don't mind downloading the occasional show I miss due to football running over, or the signal being lost, I watch a lot of TV, that is a lot of downloading.

If you can hook up a PC to your TV, I, personally, am finding NetFlix streaming a great alternative to Torrents.

Yea, the selection isn't quite the same, but such a simple and fast way to watch a flick when you want to.

If you can hook up a PC to your TV, I, personally, am finding NetFlix streaming a great alternative to Torrents.

Yea, the selection isn't quite the same, but such a simple and fast way to watch a flick when you want to.

I've got a XBox 360 and it can stream Netflix now since the NXE update. I've used it before, and have used it on the 360. There is some cool old stuff and some new NBC and CBS shows. But my DSL connection is slow. I'll eventually get a better connection, but right now the only ISP provider in my area charges an arm and a leg for the connection, and the fastest it goes is 1.5Mbs for $80. Can't afford that.

There is also Hulu for online streaming, some of it ad supported (which isn't bad, one or two commercials is better than 15 minutes of them). I just need to get some cables long enough to reach my TV and sound system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)