free ppv? pvr508

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frostwolf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I've been having problems where it doesn't record timers still, but this is a new one.

On my pvr list I have "The Ant Bully" recorded from 11:30 to 1pm on VOD channel 5822 today (29th). My wife and I are sure we didn't set it. I have a password on it so it can't be accidently selected. And it shows no purchase history.

I can't tune in that station either.

Has anyone else found this one there machines??

I've been having problems where it doesn't record timers still, but this is a new one.

On my pvr list I have "The Ant Bully" recorded from 11:30 to 1pm on VOD channel 5822 today (29th). My wife and I are sure we didn't set it. I have a password on it so it can't be accidently selected. And it shows no purchase history.

I can't tune in that station either.

Has anyone else found this one there machines??

If you have a phone line connected to the receiver I would be concerned.
Call Dish Network and explain the situation and ask for charges be taken away.

If no phone line is connected, just keep doing the same thing every day. :D

If you have a phone line connected to the receiver I would be concerned.
Call Dish Network and explain the situation and ask for charges be taken away.

If no phone line is connected, just keep doing the same thing every day. :D

It is connected to the phone line. The last call it made was Dec 26, 2006 at 06:52PM to 18002679084 for 00:01:00 minutes.

I do have 514 on the guide. And it does ask for the password before doing anything.

We did not erase the movie, but this morning it has disappeared from our pvr list.

Tech support told me channel 5822 was a HD channel, and suggested I change the remote address. I will change it, but how can anyone even with another remote tell my reciever to record a channel thats not on the guide and get pass my password?

Tech support told me channel 5822 was a HD channel, and suggested I change the remote address. I will change it, but how can anyone even with another remote tell my reciever to record a channel thats not on the guide and get pass my password?
Almost just sounds like they told you something to make you happy.:D

Looking at the list, it looks like 5822 is a SD channel and a mirror of 514.

However.... On your second statement, I guess if a neighbor's receiver was on the same remote address as yours and happened to see you punching in your lock-code one day, they may have gotten your code. But this is unlikely since 99% of the time the code is displayed using ****.

However.... On your second statement, I guess if a neighbor's receiver was on the same remote address as yours and happened to see you punching in your lock-code one day, they may have gotten your code. But this is unlikely since 99% of the time the code is displayed using ****.

I suppose it's possible that Frostwolf in fact programmed his neighbours receiver and his own at the same time when putting in his code.
I don't use codes, so I'm not up to speed on the subject. :shocked

Unlikely to make me happy until they fix both my recievers with removing the VOD junk software. So very unlikely.

I can't even remember the last time I used the code. I've never ordered a ppv in the 6 years I've had dish. I programmed the code at the time I bought the recievers (about 4.5 years ago) and I lived in another state.

Unlikely to make me happy until they fix both my recievers with removing the VOD junk software. So very unlikely.
Agree. VOD would drive me bonkers. Fortunately, they think my 501 is too small to allow this, so I am still blissfully free of the loathsome VOD menu-selection/button-presses/disk-space drech that the rest of their customers now must suffer.

Maybe if enough customers bitch and moan about VOD, they'll relent.

The unofficial answer form tech support is since the movie was in the vod menu a couple of days later, I must have caught it in the middle of moving or adding the movie to upcoming vod menu.

I want VOD removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)