Free PPV??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bogart

Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Can someone please explain why the charge for a ppv movie doesn't show up on my bill? Telephone line is not connected. Thanks

eventually you will not be able to order anymore....as soon as you hook up the line you will be charged for them all. You are better off ordering them online that way you will get charged and also all receivers in the house will have it.

Telepone Line not connected

Thanks for the answers! The next question is, what happens if the telephone line is never connected? Could you also explain what you mean when you say that "eventually you will not be able to order anymore"?

You can view PPV's until your card is filled, Last I heard it was around $150.00 then it will not allow anymore requests. It will sit there until you connect the phone line up and it makes it's phone home call, at that time you will get charged for all the charges on the card. You will pay for it now or later. Best to connect the phone line and leave it connected.

asousa said:
eventually you will not be able to order anymore....as soon as you hook up the line you will be charged for them all. You are better off ordering them online that way you will get charged and also all receivers in the house will have it.

Never heard this before. Is this a fact? If so, seems to me that would be the way to go and not have to watch only one TV.

DobyMax said:
Never heard this before. Is this a fact? If so, seems to me that would be the way to go and not have to watch only one TV.
It is accurate, there is a hard limit based off of a few things. Once you hit that you'll get an on screen error code instead of being able to order a PPV.

Edit: replied to the wrong post :)

Ya, when you order from online (no additional charge), the IVR (+$1.50), or from a rep(+$5.00) the purchase is reflected on your account allowing all of the receivers to get that authorization. If you order through a remote, the account doesn't know until it phones home.

Yep, if you order a PPV online it is not receiver/room specific and plays on all of them at once for the same charge; and since you did it online there is no need for the phone line connection and the billing automatically goes through to DirecTV.

If you remote order without the phone line, as stated above you will fill up the PPV slots on the card until full and then will be "turned off" from any further ordering and once the line is re-connected you will get a huge bill at one time, once that bill is paid you will be "turned on".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts