Free Preview of HBO & Cinemax to Promote the Final Season of Game of Thrones

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Timeclock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
tenn
Free Preview Begins: Varies (Thursday) Free Preview Ends: April 14, 2019 (Sunday)

Reactions: raoul5788
Yes it's all HBO and Cinemax channels included for the week. Unfortunately they have managed to screw that up also. A lot of people are having problems recording 501, 505 and 515. You can watch them but it will not record, says not subscribed. I guess free is free.

I am a regular HBO subscriber and those channels are working fine but Cinemax east (515) is grayed out like it is not part of the free preview. Boomerang (298), which is also in a free preview, is the same way.

I am a regular HBO subscriber and those channels are working fine but Cinemax east (515) is grayed out like it is not part of the free preview. Boomerang (298), which is also in a free preview, is the same way.
I thought the Free View didn't start till Thursday ?

No it has already started - I'm getting HBO & Cinemax on Mediacom starting yesterday - after just having had Starz/Encore free over the weekend. My Tivo is going to be bursting with all the movies I'm recording, I won't have to worry about stuff to watch all summer! ;)

So if you cannot record 501, the implication is that you would be able to watch the premiere, but not record it? Or do we expect those other channels to become eligible for recording sometime closer to the weekend?

So if you cannot record 501, the implication is that you would be able to watch the premiere, but not record it? Or do we expect those other channels to become eligible for recording sometime closer to the weekend?

Well, 501 is HBO east. You can record it on HBO west if it is in the clear.

Check to see if they have been fixed, 515 and 298 are now white for me so they are recordable. I am a HBO subscriber normally so all of the HBO channels were always working for me.

Well, 501 is HBO east. You can record it on HBO west if it is in the clear.

Check to see if they have been fixed, 515 and 298 are now white for me so they are recordable. I am a HBO subscriber normally so all of the HBO channels were always working for me.

for those on the east coast, if the freeview ends at Sunday midnight, we would not be able to record from HBOW (which was white for me part of yesterday, but wasn't showing up as a "channel I get" later in the evening)

EDIT: often freeviews run thru Monday, but earlier in the thread it said this might not

odd, I can't edit the previous post...

I just logged in to my online acct, and the same channels are missing in the online guide, so if it's going to change, it hasn't yet.

It's a curious way to do things... it "gives" less away for free, but then why do they give so many of the other channels at all? why not just give the channel with the previous seasons of GoT as a way to let people catch up.

It's working now on all channels, 501, 505, and 515 all are white and I can record from them.

Reactions: Jimbo
odd, I can't edit the previous post...

I just logged in to my online acct, and the same channels are missing in the online guide, so if it's going to change, it hasn't yet.

It's a curious way to do things... it "gives" less away for free, but then why do they give so many of the other channels at all? why not just give the channel with the previous seasons of GoT as a way to let people catch up.

They are trying to sell people on the idea of subscribing to HBO, so they have to give you all the channels so you can see how much there is to watch besides just GoT.

Often times, the channel IS available to watch even if its greyed out, so try them regardless.

What he's saying is that you can watch the grayed out channels, but you can't record them. That is typical of the grayed out channels that are on free preview in error - you can watch them but you can't record them.

I think he should check them again because the Cinemax channel that was grayed out is now fixed and so I am wondering if they fixed the HBO channels. Boomerang is fixed too.

If not, the free previews usually end at 6 am ET so hopefully the west coast feeds will still be available for everyone. They don't usually cut if off at midnight ET.

What he's saying is that you can watch the grayed out channels, but you can't record them. That is typical of the grayed out channels that are on free preview in error - you can watch them but you can't record them.

I think he should check them again because the Cinemax channel that was grayed out is now fixed and so I am wondering if they fixed the HBO channels. Boomerang is fixed too.

If not, the free previews usually end at 6 am ET so hopefully the west coast feeds will still be available for everyone. They don't usually cut if off at midnight ET.
I rarely try to record them, so I have no idea at this moment.

I just checked, none of my HBO or Cinemax channels are greyed out .... so I should be able to record them from what your saying.

I get HBO, but not Cine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)