Free Previews Discussion Thread - April 2021

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I feel like there has been an awful lot of NBA League Pass free previews. I know the season is more compressed and each team is only playing 72 games, but I still feel like the frequency of the free preview is more than previous years. I feel like previous years there was a week long preview for the first week, a preview midway, somewhere around MLK day, then a short one after the all star break. So a total of 3. I feel like this is going to be free preview #4?

Reactions: pattykay
Also for the free preview every game is in HD today, even the RSN's that Dish never carried. And Dish is using the MLB.TV feed for them; so right now YES is on in HD for the Yankees game. No commercials - you get the MLB.TV - Commercial In Progress blue screen during the commercial.

• Love
I feel like there has been an awful lot of NBA League Pass free previews. I know the season is more compressed and each team is only playing 72 games, but I still feel like the frequency of the free preview is more than previous years. I feel like previous years there was a week long preview for the first week, a preview midway, somewhere around MLK day, then a short one after the all star break. So a total of 3. I feel like this is going to be free preview #4?
Maybe Dish needed to make up for the lack of games during the previous free previews. I remember the discussion during the first preview about certain games being completely missing from Dish's version of the package. Then, Dish accidentally (?) cut the second preview short, by starting it a day late. Not to mention that the SD feeds have been missing all season, even though Dish advertised the third preview as including those additional channel numbers. So, this is the first NBA League Pass free preview this season for those who are using SD-only receivers. It is also the first preview that includes every game for subscribers in Alaska and Hawaii, where the beam from the transponder on the 129 satellite carrying the HD feeds does not reach.

Also for the free preview every game is in HD today, even the RSN's that Dish never carried. And Dish is using the MLB.TV feed for them; so right now YES is on in HD for the Yankees game. No commercials - you get the MLB.TV - Commercial In Progress blue screen during the commercial.
Maybe the leagues required Dish to also carry the SD feeds if Dish wanted access to the league-provided HD feeds. So they finally got that deal done. It is just a theory.

Is anyone else getting the NBA League Pass preview that mydish announced for 4/7 - 4/13? I do not see it on my receiver, just MLB and NHL. There was nothing in the uplink reports to indicate an NBA League Pass preview, either. Channel 103 SD lists the NBA League Pass preview as 4/16 - 4/19. Since both sets of dates exactly match a different preview (4/7 - 4/13 matches NHL Center Ice, while 4/16 - 4/19 matches Epix) there is no particular reason to believe either set of dates. In other words, it is likely that Dish copy-and-pasted the wrong dates into the NBA League Pass listing in both places. However, since the first set of dates is now obviously not correct, I will update the No Discussion thread to reflect the "new" preview dates for NBA League Pass.

Is anyone else getting the NBA League Pass preview that mydish announced for 4/7 - 4/13? I do not see it on my receiver, just MLB and NHL. There was nothing in the uplink reports to indicate an NBA League Pass preview, either. Channel 103 SD lists the NBA League Pass preview as 4/16 - 4/19. Since both sets of dates exactly match a different preview (4/7 - 4/13 matches NHL Center Ice, while 4/16 - 4/19 matches Epix) there is no particular reason to believe either set of dates. In other words, it is likely that Dish copy-and-pasted the wrong dates into the NBA League Pass listing in both places. However, since the first set of dates is now obviously not correct, I will update the No Discussion thread to reflect the "new" preview dates for NBA League Pass.
Mydish has now been updated. 4/16 - 4/19 are the correct dates for the NBA League Pass free preview, apparently.

EPIX free preview is up for watching if you're so inclined.
It Is What It Is Ok GIF by Britannia on EPIX