Free Previews Discussion Thread - September 2020

It's been discussed in the thread I linked back in post number 2. Apparently, this is part of some type of Loyal Customer Bonus Pack that Dish authorized on certain individual subscribers' accounts. So, not a free preview, since not everyone gets it. I certainly am not getting it. Even different subscribers with the same programming package as each other may not necessarily both get it. So, if you are one of the subscribers who does get Bloomberg with a package that does not normally include it, then consider yourself lucky. :)
That sounds convoluted. Maybe that is how I am getting the locals still...hmmm.

Reactions: pattykay
That sounds convoluted. Maybe that is how I am getting the locals still...hmmm.
This is starting to sound like certain channels or packages somehow got "stuck" on your account. Did you previously subscribe to the News Pack? Are you still getting any other News Pack channels, or just Bloomberg? I would be careful about making any programming changes to your account, since that may cause you to lose the additional channels that you are not supposed to be getting.

It’s no big deal If I lose them. I get Bloomberg via Pluto TV if I want it and I get my locals and their subchannels via OTA.
I will be adding the sports pack in October for Big Ten football.
whoops reply instead of edit....lol

Just Bloomberg. I did have the news pack in the past, but they all disappeared after I removed the pack.
I suspect it’s the loyalty thing as Bloomberg is easy to give away. It’s free on Roku via Bloomberg and Pluto TV.
The locals are a bit more bizarre, but I don’t need them either...especially since I get them OTA and they don’t have CBET, the CBC affiliate for Windsor, ONT.

Watching game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals on CBC tonite. YAY!

Last edited:
too bad I couldnt give u my locals, crodrules...

I think I remember u needing ABC for agents of shield.
That's okay. I was able to stream the rest of the season on Hulu, since I already had Hulu anyway. Now, about the only thing I'll need the locals for is Swamp Thing on the CW. I can always stream that for free from the CW's website the next day, if I miss it when it airs on the CW. :)

Reactions: styxfix
Today on channel 103 SD it says Showtime until 10/5 but I'm not seeing it
Epix is also supposedly until 10/5, but I don't have it. It also says MLB Network until 10/17, but I am not seeing that preview, either. Also shown is yet another extension for DIY (through 10/31) and an extension for Hallmark Drama (through 11/3).

Saw this today as well. I was surprised that it didn't show a start date. My guess is that the channels will be turned on sometime tomorrow(Thur.) They usually start the movie channel previews on Thur. even though Fri. is the day that's shown.
I have been saying for some time that channel 103 SD should go back to showing the start dates like it used to do. I guess Dish does not want us to know how much of each preview we have already missed if we find out about them late. It could also be that Dish jumped the gun on updating that channel, since some of those previews have not started yet, and the website has not even been updated yet. I'll bet that Dish had intended to switch out those slates tomorrow, sometime after the previews have already started. That would have (in Dish's opinion, I'm guessing) eliminated the need to list the start date. I still say that Dish should start giving us more of a heads-up about when these previews are going to start, by listing the upcoming free previews on their website like they used to do.

I have been saying for some time that channel 103 SD should go back to showing the start dates like it used to do. I guess Dish does not want us to know how much of each preview we have already missed if we find out about them late. It could also be that Dish jumped the gun on updating that channel, since some of those previews have not started yet, and the website has not even been updated yet. I'll bet that Dish had intended to switch out those slates tomorrow, sometime after the previews have already started. That would have (in Dish's opinion, I'm guessing) eliminated the need to list the start date. I still say that Dish should start giving us more of a heads-up about when these previews are going to start, by listing the upcoming free previews on their website like they used to do.
AND what package(s) the channel is in

AND what package(s) the channel is in
I agree that they should do a better job of announcing that whenever new channels are launched. The Free Previews page on the mydish site does do a fairly good job of listing the basic packages (and/or add-on packages) needed in order to keep getting the free preview channels that are featured there: MyDISH
Now, if only Dish would do a free preview of each new channel as soon as it launches, and make sure that the preview dates and regular packages for each channel are actually listed on that page in a timely manner, then we would be all set. :)

Epix is also supposedly until 10/5, but I don't have it. It also says MLB Network until 10/17, but I am not seeing that preview, either. Also shown is yet another extension for DIY (through 10/31) and an extension for Hallmark Drama (through 11/3).
Hi, crodrules! EPIX is available as a free preview from Fri, 10/2 - Mon, 10/5, MLB Network: Fri, 10/2 - Sat, 10/17 and Showtime: Fri, 10/2 - Mon, 10/5. We appreciate your feedback regarding the start dates on channel 103. We will share this with our Home Office. You may also check our website for this month's free preview here: MyDISH.

Hi, crodrules! EPIX is available as a free preview from Fri, 10/2 - Mon, 10/5, MLB Network: Fri, 10/2 - Sat, 10/17 and Showtime: Fri, 10/2 - Mon, 10/5. We appreciate your feedback regarding the start dates on channel 103. We will share this with our Home Office. You may also check our website for this month's free preview here: MyDISH.
Thanks for forwarding my feedback. The page in that link is my main source for the free previews list that I maintain for this site. I have posted this month's updated list here: Free Previews (No Discussion) Thread - October 2020

In that thread, I pointed out a few mistakes that I noticed with the list on the mydish page. So, if you could also forward these along to get them fixed, I would appreciate it very much.
  • 194 Destination America - This preview has ended. However, the Past Free Previews section of the mydish page lists the dates as 10/1 - 10/31
  • 171 Nickelodeon 10/1 - 10/31 (Note: mydish lists the channel as 171, which is Nick West. 171 is not in preview, but channel 170 Nick East is.)
  • Not listed on the mydish Free Previews page, but included in the Epix preview:

292 Epix Drive-In 10/2 - 10/5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)