Free Previews (No Discussion) Thread - December 2020

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Here is this month's updated thread with the list of free channels available on Dish. As always, I ask that the moderators make this thread a sticky, and ask for their help in enforcing the No Discussion rule for this thread. I also request that the accompanying Free Previews Discussion Thread (that I will link below) also be made a sticky, to replace the existing sticky Free Previews thread. My idea is to have new sticky threads each month, so that only the most current information about new free previews remains in each sticky. I thank the moderators for their cooperation in this effort.

With the preamble out of the way, I will be dividing the list of free channels into several categories, to try to make the list as comprehensive as possible.

Channels in free preview indefinitely:

These are preview channels where no end date has been announced, or that remain in preview after the previously-announced end date.​

International free preview channels:​
  • These channels require a dish aimed at the 118 satellite.
  • Channel numbers listed are for ViP and legacy SD receivers. On receivers with the Hopper interface, check for a collapsible channel in the 600's - 700's range.

9893 TVPI​

Extension of existing preview:

The following channel has been in free preview every month since August. It is listed as a new free preview for December on the mydish site.​

111 DIY 12/1 - 12/31​

Additional free previews officially announced on Dish's website:

110 Food Network 12/1 - 12/31​
179 Discovery Family 12/1 - 12/31​
185 Hallmark Channel 12/1 - 12/31​

Channels that are always free on deactivated receivers:

To get these channels on a deactivated receiver, it may require that it still have the older-model purple G3 Smart Card. This also may only work on certain models of receiver.​
Otherwise, these channels are available on every activated receiver, regardless of programming package.​

(Note: Most of the Audio channels listed below are currently playing holiday music. Dish has separate channel numbers reserved for this month's holiday music free preview, whenever that begins.)​

Audio music channels:​
892 Viva La Navidad​
927 Holiday Instrumentals​
939 Soulful Holidays​
941 Viva La Navidad​
951 Country Holiday​
967 A Very Jazzy Holiday​
972 Classical Holidays​
974 Swing Kings​
6014* SiriusXM Coffee House​
6049* SiriusXM Soul Town​
6058* SiriusXM Prime Country​
6063* SiriusXM The Message​
6076* SiriusXM Symphony Hall​
*channel numbers for ViP or legacy SD receivers. Hopper-interface receivers: replace the 60 with 099- to get the SiriusXM channel on collapsible channel 99.​

General Entertainment:​

82 FETV​
259 INSP​

Religious:​

257 SBN​

Shopping:​

71 QVC​
72 VALU​
73 QVC3​
74 HSN​
81 ICTV​
83 JTV​
85 EPIC​
86 MALL​
87 SMART​
94 RENEW​
95 DEAL​
104 VALU​
123 MALL​
134 SHPHQ​
137 QVC​
220 MALL​
221 CRAFT​
224 EPIC​
225 SALE​
226 HSN2​
227 JTV​
228 YOUTV​
229 GEMS​
230 ICTV​
255 QVC2​
275 YOUTV​
276 SMART​
278 DEAL​
282 VALU​
287 HSN​
883 VALU​

Dish Info Channels:​

101 DISH 101​
102 DISH Studio​
103 PREVW​
349 DISH Studio​
500 ONPPV​

That is all! Congratulations, you have made it all the way to the end of the current list of free channels on Dish! I will do my best to keep this list as up-to-date as possible, and to post a new updated thread each month. If anyone spots a new free preview before I do, feel free to post it here. Otherwise, please respect the No Discussion nature of this thread. Any discussion about the current month's free previews may be posted in the following thread: Free Previews Discussion Thread - December 2020
Thank you!

Channels that are always free on deactivated receivers:

...​
(Note: Most of the Audio channels listed below are currently playing holiday music. Dish has separate channel numbers reserved for this month's holiday music free preview, whenever that begins.)​

Audio music channels:​
...​
6049* SiriusXM Soul Town​
6058* SiriusXM Prime Country​
...​
*channel numbers for ViP or legacy SD receivers. Hopper-interface receivers: replace the 60 with 099- to get the SiriusXM channel on collapsible channel 99.​
SiriusXM Soul Town (6049 or 099-49) is now Holiday Soul, and SiriusXM Prime Country (6058 or 099-58) is now Country Christmas.

Thanks for keeping this thread active. Many of us don’t want to have to read through two pages of discussion only to find nothing related to free previews!
I love irony. (Not just the discussion in a "No Discussion" thread, but also the fact that this was in reply to my post about the NBA League Pass preview ending. I don't know if anyone noticed, but I did not bother to even put that preview in this thread when it started.)

Of course, I am just as responsible for the "two pages of discussion" in the other thread, as I had been for attempting to keep this thread brief. So, I was the source of both the complaints about the free previews threads, and the compliments about the No Discussion format.

As a reminder, thanks to this comment...
I agree, having two threads for same subject is silly, to put it kindly.
...and my follow-up discussion with a moderator, I will not be starting the new Free Previews thread in January. So, for those of you who wish for this format to continue, one of you will have to start the new thread yourself. We'll see how it goes for one month, and then I may be back in February.

As always, cheers from your (former) Free Preview Guru.

• Sad
Reactions: Howard Simmons
The following channel has been in free preview every month since August. It is listed as a new free preview for December on the mydish site.
111 DIY 12/1 - 12/31
Perpetual preview of DIY finally ended.

New January free previews have started:

135 BBC America
188 UP
193 Science
192 ID
Dates officially announced for January free previews on mydish site:

135 BBC America 1/1 - 1/31
192 Investigation Discovery 1/1 - 1/31
193 Science 1/1 - 1/31
188 UP 1/1 - 1/31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts