Free Showtime This Weekend

maximum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Phoenix
I just happened to see an ad announcing free Showtime preview this weekend. I have a DVR and mostly watch recorded/time-shifted programming so I usually skip commercials.
I'm surprised the Dish web site doesn't say anything about this preview. You would think they would want to promote it more.

As for us SatelliteGuys, there are other threads on here about it (last couple weeks).

As for normal folks, Showtime and/or Dish have been airing commercials within the last week about the preview.

I'm planning on dropping Showtime today or tonight (whenever I get around to calling since you can't do it online). I really just don't watch movies, and this way, the free preview helps cover the $5 programming downgrade penalty fine E* will issue me.

My DVR is also allowing me to set timers for the HBO networks this weekend. But not Cinemax this time.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. What's it to ya?

I thought an omniscient avatar would make a nice counterbalance to my frequent cluelessness. :)

TuxCoder said:
I'm planning on dropping Showtime today or tonight (whenever I get around to calling since you can't do it online). I really just don't watch movies, and this way, the free preview helps cover the $5 programming downgrade penalty fine E* will issue me.
Done and done! Now I can't wait until the free preview so I can start watching some movies. :p

It got annoying when he kept asking for my email address, to "keep me up to date" etc... I eventually reminded him that they do already have my email address (it's gullibleconsumer@...... ;)) and that I already do get their spam.

I noticed in the EPG it seems to be Showtime as well as HBO (as already mentioned) and they start at 6:00am (EST at least) Friday morning until... looks like 6am Monday morning. The authorization time frame for the west cost channels seems shifted though.

Ok time to search the channel guide for good movies i guess :) Whats everyone recording? HBO+ Showtime, = me getting ALOT of movies :)

Well, I checked out what was on. Nothing spectacular today, maybe tommorow. Guess they stacked up some oldies for the free preview.

Showtime has some good original series. Nothing on par with Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or Six Feet Under. But, usually better than network or mainstraim cable network series. (With the exception of FX's Rescue Me, which is outstanding.)

This Sunday, Showtime debuts its new series "Huff." It looks like it'll be a good one. Many people have been enjoying "Dead Like Me" for a few seasons.

I've got at least a dozen recordings set. One already finished and another in progress right now.

chaddux said:
I've got at least a dozen recordings set. One already finished and another in progress right now.

Hey buddy tell me what you got set?

Im looking for good action movies, so far i have "the widow maker" recorded, what else should i look at ? there are sooo many damn channels now... its hard to make sure u get everything! :confused:

Plus HBO

maximum said:
I just happened to see an ad announcing free Showtime preview this weekend. I have a DVR and mostly watch recorded/time-shifted programming so I usually skip commercials.
I'm surprised the Dish web site doesn't say anything about this preview. You would think they would want to promote it more.
We are also getting HBO free preview

Trido

It's curious that when they do these free-view weekends, they never include the HD channels!! Right now, SHOW-HD (chan 9460) is not available.

They're just in this preview. I've watched a couple of movies so far today on Sundance. I can't wait for tomorrow, I think... they're showing "DIG!" which is a documentary about the Dandy Warhols VS. Brian Jonestown Massacre. I like both those bands! :)

Need the Cdn. Showcase. Sort of like a HBO kind of thing. It has Traler park boys and it's a damn funny show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)