Free Sirius Preview Weekend!

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
Labor Day weekend (Sept. 3-6 on channels 6001-6099) is a Free Sirius Satellite Radio Preview on E* for those not in the Top 120 or above. I got hooked on Sirius from E* and now enjoy it on the road and piped throughout the home. If you don't have Sirius check it out!

Wishbone said:
What's the difference between Sirius and the other Dish music channels? Isn't it just music?

Well, for me it comes down to about twice as many channels on Sirius (60ish rather than 30), better selection of music on those channels, and - most important - the quality of the music. I assume that they dedicate more bandwidth for these channels than their other music channels. When piped through a receiver the music is just very, very clean and crisp. It really sounds wonderful. Also, they have some channels that are uncensored. Those are marked somehow, I think with AO for adult oriented.

The last thing that I kind of like (but not everyone agrees!) is the DJ between each song. If I can't see the screen at the time it's nice to know who/what I'm listening to.

Wishbone said:
What's the difference between Sirius and the other Dish music channels? Isn't it just music?

Ditto on what KyDave said. On E* it's music channels only but Sirius has a lot more to offer. You can get the other half of the channels by getting a subscription to Sirius. The advantage is you can take it with you on the road. It gives you coast to coast music/talk/news/sports/weather including Fox News Channel, CNN Headline News, The Weather Channel, ESPN, Disney, Discovery, etc. You can even listen to the NFL games while you drive in the middle of nowhere.

For those with programming below Top 120 that didn't get the word and a reminder for those that did: Sirius Free Preview Weekend is on NOW! (Channels 6001-6099, 3-6 Sept)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts