Free Starz Preview Weekend 8/23-8/26

The HD channels normally aren't included on free preview weekends.... :(

Also, for those who have Dish's "family" tier, you won't get the free preview. They show non-family-friendly things at times... :)

Woohoo! Non-family-friendly things! Shake em! shake em!

Oh wait, I already have Starz and HBO... DOH.. :)

Me too, got the AEP about two weeks ago. Mostly because my brother in-law was going on and on about some shows on Showtime, specifically Californication and Dexter...two of the WORST shows I've EVER seen. Aside from that...a lot of channels showing nothing I want to watch. Gonna cancel tomorrow.

I don't have AEP kind of money. I have HBO and Starz via the 2 for 22 and then Top 250. I'll switch to DVR Advantage once my 722 and 2x211s come here.

Dish calls sometimes and tries to give me a new house with signing up for Showtime. I'm pretty convinced if it wasn't a garbage package they'd not try so hard to give it to me for free for 6 months, etc. It's always Showtime too, it's never a different premium.

Is this only for AT 250 and above customers because I have AT 200 and I don't see these channels on the free preview section?

I know someone said 8/23 but I think they don't normally start until Friday. As I posted above, people with "Dish Family" tier won't get it. If you get AT60/100 (whatever it's called now) and up, you will. DishLatino should also get it. I don't know about customers who have say an international only package...

Yay! I just saw it. :)

TV Guide's not available for it though. I'm getting no info available when I scroll through ahead of the first 2 hours.

TV Guide's not available for it though. I'm getting no info available when I scroll through ahead of the first 2 hours.

I had the same problem, anyone know how to force a guide download on a 722? A reboot of didn't do it and I also tried going into the "Updates" schedule in preferences and just setting it about 5min out but that didn't download an new guide either.

I set it back to the default of 3am and this morning the guide is there for the free Starz channels.

There is never info on the free preview channels. You only get name of the movie or show. To get the info you must go to their regular channel number. If you don't subscribe to a channel that you are viewing for free, you must go to the "All Channels" guide to see it.

Without the HD Preview Channel, this is just about worthless so I am not watching.

I have guide info for the free preview channels... However I also pay for the regular channels, so maybe thats why.. But 280-298 most definitely have guide info.

I have AT250 and HD. No premium movie or sports packages. There is no program info on 290-296, just the program name. The info says something about being a preview and call xxx to subscribe. But 350-356 have the program info on the All Channels guide. So we search thru 350-356 to find what we want, and go to 290-296 to record our selections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)