Free Starz Weekend

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boydjp420

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I don't know if anyone has said this or not yet but I am watching Starz now and I believe it is a free weekend of it. I will enjoy this!!:hungry:

If I record a movie off of Starz during the free preview will I be able to watch it at a later date when the offer ends?

I think the quality is great!!
Yeah the PQ does look pretty good. "Invincible" is on, and its pretty crisp and detailed. I'm not going to go out and say "This picture is great!" because I don't have a lot of exposure to movies in HD. SPORTS is another matter, but as far as I can tell Starz HD is pretty sweet.

If I record a movie off of Starz during the free preview will I be able to watch it at a later date when the offer ends?

Yes. I still have movies on my DVR from when I had HBO for the first month after I signed up, and that was almost six months ago.

Yes. I still have movies on my DVR from when I had HBO for the first month after I signed up, and that was almost six months ago.
Good deal. Are there any times or circumstances where DVRed movies expire? I don't mean necessarily on D*, but in general.

Good deal. Are there any times or circumstances where DVRed movies expire? I don't mean necessarily on D*, but in general.

Not that I'm aware of (which may not necessarily mean much)... although, of course, if your box crashes and/or you reformat your hard drive, something like that... but under normal circumstances I don't think so.

Not that I'm aware of (which may not necessarily mean much)... although, of course, if your box crashes and/or you reformat your hard drive, something like that... but under normal circumstances I don't think so.
...Well then... I guess I need to remind a certain SOMEONE to not delete stuff without my knowing.. I was looking forward to watching all of Star Wars, Ep 5 DVRed in HD, but one day it just wasn't there anymore.....

Thank you for the quick answer. The reason I ask is I had recorded a PPV football game that went blank for part of the game and I asked for a refund from DirecTV. They gave me the refund but I couldn't replay the game anymore.

...Well then... I guess I need to remind a certain SOMEONE to not delete stuff without my knowing.. I was looking forward to watching all of Star Wars, Ep 5 DVRed in HD, but one day it just wasn't there anymore.....

The only thing I forgot is that if your drive gets full things can get deleted, depending on whether or not they're set to "keep" and/or if something that it's trying to record has a higher priority... but other than that, no, I can't think of a situation where a show would delete all by itself.

Thank you for the quick answer. The reason I ask is I had recorded a PPV football game that went blank for part of the game and I asked for a refund from DirecTV. They gave me the refund but I couldn't replay the game anymore.

I think PPV is a little different because of the authorization issue, but I have also had a PPV movie DVR'd and paid for, and was able to keep it and watch it for quite a while without any problems, so it sounds like yours was some other kind of technical glitch. Glad they gave you your money back... I never actually got to the end of that PPV movie, though, so I'm not sure what happens then, if they let you watch it more than once. Maybe someone else can confirm that...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)