Free to Air D*???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
I am curious as to whether D* has any free to air channels, such as NASA or others, that could be received without a subscription? Kinda like the few freebies that E* throws at us.

No, D*'s system runs on a diffrent type of encoding (DSS) wich dish runs off of (DVB) You cant get D*'s channels with a FTA reciver. Now, with a unsubbed reciver you can get 100 but thats it.

Thanks Bob. I wasn't looking at it for FTA receivers, just wondering if I had a D* receiver if there would be any free channels.

So you're saying that channel 100 is all? Is that a D* logo or something?

Thanks Bob. I wasn't looking at it for FTA receivers, just wondering if I had a D* receiver if there would be any free channels.

So you're saying that channel 100 is all? Is that a D* logo or something?

Yea its PPV previews. I was checking the system out on my daughters reciver prior to subbing it. Everything else was blocked including 101.

No, D*'s system runs on a diffrent type of encoding (DSS) wich dish runs off of (DVB) You cant get D*'s channels with a FTA reciver. Now, with a unsubbed reciver you can get 100 but thats it.
Is that why some FTA users are able to illegally tap in on Dish feeds?

Yea its PPV previews. I was checking the system out on my daughters reciver prior to subbing it. Everything else was blocked including 101.

I believe 200 and 500 come in as well, possibly 201
200 and 500 are movie preview channels, 201 is a D* info channel.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts