Free TV not DVB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

706Tom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
North Georgia
What does it take to receive free TV that is not DVB. On Lyngsat Galaxy 3C some stations from Atlanta are listed as free but they are not DVB. Are there FTA receivers that receive multiple encription formats?

if they are truley unencrypted zero key DGII then the genpix skywalker-1 can also tune them. many of what lyngsat lists as free, is free as in zero cost, ie when you sub they give them to you for free, and when you unsub, they dont remove the keys for those channels, so you can still watch them. they are in fact encrypted though.

This is all very intrieging!! I wouldn't mind subscribing to get some scrambled stations on MPEG II, especially Fox news on G11/c. Does anyone know who to contact to subscribe. I'm not interested in piracy! Gabe the newcomer

Usually, the DCII channels listed as free in Lyngsat are in FP (fixed process) mode. It's true that these are technically encrypted, but they are encrypted with a fixed key known to all GI/Motorola DCII receivers. Basically any GI/Motorola receiver is capable of receiving them. I think the issue with respect to subscription is that some DCII receivers won't receive FP channels unless at one time it has been authorized TO ANYTHING. I have a couple DSR-4200s. The one I bought new wouldn't receive FP channels. Then I got the receiver authorized in a PBS station's data stream (thanks to someone on a list I used to be on), and after that I could receive ANY FP channel.
I'm guessing the same might be true for 4DTVs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts