Free upgrade from my 622 vip to a 922 offer

fredtx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Why is Dish offering to upgrade my VIP 622 to a 922. Is there any function available that is not on my 622?

922 has built in sling box and Vip 622 doesn't. 922 has bigger hard drive. 922 is single tuner not dual tuner. As per my knowledge 922 is not free. DISH charges $200 upgrade fee for current and new customers but if they are giving you free then Christmas comes early for you. Oh and 922 has $10 monthly fee. If you don't have internet connection closer to your TV then don't consider taking it.

922 has built in sling box and Vip 622 doesn't. 922 has bigger hard drive. 922 is single tuner not dual tuner. As per my knowledge 922 is not free. DISH charges $200 upgrade fee for current and new customers but if they are giving you free then Christmas comes early for you. Oh and 922 has $10 monthly fee. If you don't have internet connection closer to your TV then don't consider taking it.

Also if their 622 is using the OTA tuner they would have to purchase the OTA tuner for the 922.

I received a mailer from Dish called Gift #1 for a Free 922 DVR Upgrade. The Promo Code is FREEDVR455. I am guessing that they sent the invitation since I am out of contract. It does not sound like this would be of any benefit to me based to the replies to my post. Thanks.

922 is single tuner not dual tuner.

This is not accurate. The 922 is also a dual satellite tuner receiver just like the 622. The 922 has two OTA tuners (with the optional OTA module) as opposed to the 622's single integrated OTA tuner.

What you are refering to is the 922 does not currently have TV2 mode (2 separate outputs) although there are "strong rumors" that this will be changed in the next software update (see other thread in this forum).

Are you sure that it is directly from Dish Network, the promotion that is, and not from some reseller? Also, you will have to have broadband internet access hooked up to the 922.

I am not that familiar with the 922, but you are saying it cost more per month than the 622 or the 722 AND you must connect it to the internet?????

I just got one today, it looks pretty legit as well. I'm also long out of contract so it was for a 2 year lock for a free 922; offer good to 1/31.

-Mike

I received the same offer from Dish via the mail, BUT.... right below the words "DVR UPGRADE" are the words in small print "excludes 922 model".

I called and to upgrade to a 922 is $200 + the $99 installation fee.

Was anybody actually able to upgrade a 622 to 922 for just the two year obligation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts