Free Upgrade to MPEG-4??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It should be noted that while ordering the H20 and 5 LNB dish directly through D* is the better option as of now, Value Electronics always provides the best service and the best prices they can!

How can they make you give back equipment that you paid for? That seems silly. If I have to give back the expensive set top boxes that I am buying, why don't I just switch to cable where they make no bones about the fact that I am renting equipment?

I would like to know where this rumor about exchanging equipment is coming from? Has anyone actually had to exchange their equipment when they received their H20 or 5 LNB?

All the actual reports I'm getting and in my personal experience, no exchange was required to get the new equipment and the $200 MIR.

dentonpc said:
People keep saying that D* will call. Didn't Chicago start doing the upgrades? I live here and I haven't gotten a call.

Am I wrong about them rolling it out already?

I'm in the Chicago area also and have not been contacted either. As far as I'm concerned if the upgrade is not free as stated by a D* spokesperson Sept. 6, they can stick it where the sun don't shine.

i am trying to figure out what to do as well. whenever I email the value electronics people no one gets back to me. i am not often home during the day. anyway, my question is this:
if right now I go to d* and purchase an hd receiver I get 3 months free of hd programming and swapping of my dish and relocation of lines/receiver for $49 after rebate + 14 shipping, add another $50 if i get their antennae. this includes installation. if I get the h10 and not h20, will i have to pay for the upgrade to the h20 later? seems like if i lived in chicago I would pay the same amount and get the h20 -> i would not have to pay for the upgrade....any ideas?
gonna call dtv now ...

aeneas3 said:
i am trying to figure out what to do as well. whenever I email the value electronics people no one gets back to me. i am not often home during the day. anyway, my question is this:
if right now I go to d* and purchase an hd receiver I get 3 months free of hd programming and swapping of my dish and relocation of lines/receiver for $49 after rebate + 14 shipping, add another $50 if i get their antennae. this includes installation. if I get the h10 and not h20, will i have to pay for the upgrade to the h20 later? seems like if i lived in chicago I would pay the same amount and get the h20 -> i would not have to pay for the upgrade....any ideas?
gonna call dtv now ...

I am sorry if I have not answered your emails and I must assume that either your or my email filter deleted your mail as it is 100% impossible for anyone to send me multiple emails and none are answered.

Since we are having email issues I recommend a PM or phone call if you would like a personal response.

Let us know what the DIRECTV CSR tells you.

-Robert

When you call D* they tell you that you have to give them the old equipment when you upgrade. Then when they came out, they said the old box was mine to do with as I pleased.

slowmo44 said:
When you call D* they tell you that you have to give them the old equipment when you upgrade. Then when they came out, they said the old box was mine to do with as I pleased.

You and the many others who may still get away with not returning all of your old HD receivers are lucky, but technicians leaving your existing HD STB does that not happen most of the time because DIRECTV is beginning to clamp down on the HSP's and MSO's to get back the old HD IRDs for payment of the H20's they are swapping out.

Why take a chance, just get DIRECTV to upgrade your dish and take our 5 yr. warranty and other benefits with your H20 ValueElectronics order.

-Robert

I was lucky too I guess. When they did the HD upgrade, I kept my previous HD receiver. I guess being the Beta market and the techs concerned with just getting the system to work, they have other things on their mind.

I do have a question though, if I upgrade another TV to HD can I use the old HD receiver with the new dish?.

satjay said:
I was lucky too I guess. When they did the HD upgrade, I kept my previous HD receiver. I guess being the Beta market and the techs concerned with just getting the system to work, they have other things on their mind.

I do have a question though, if I upgrade another TV to HD can I use the old HD receiver with the new dish?.

Yes, your old MPEG2 only HD set top box can be activated again and you will get all of your SD and HD channels except for your HD LIL networks.

-Robert

just got off the phone with dtv yesterday, when I got my new hd receiver and hd programming (coming tuesday!) the csr had stated this:
1. buffalo will not get mpeg4 rolled out until spring/summer - more likely summer
2. i will likely get an h10 and not h20 since #1 is true
3. upgrading to an h20 should be free or just shipping
4. if i was getting the current hd dvr, there will be a substantial fee to upgrade to the new mpeg4 hd dvr that will be coming out. he did not know how much...

upgrade question

Can someone please explain the correct most economical method of upgrading?
I live in philly market
I have the 3 lnb an old hughes hd receiver and a tivo.
I want 5 lnb dish, an h20 hd receiver and a directv r15 dvr
Do I call D*? Should I purchase the receivers from Value electronics and get the dish from D*, along with their installation of the receivers?
What is most cost efficient way?
Thanks for your advise.:hatsoff:
Pauly

ok so lemme revise my previous statement
i had assumed that since buffalo was not going to get mpeg4 until spring/summer that my receiver would be an h10...nope it is an h20! so surprising. the tech said "see ya in a few months to swap out your dish" :)
interestingly, i can get all hd locals with to OA except for 2. time to ask for ny channels :) :)

Well, just got a new Samsung Slimfit 30 inch wide screen TV (with built-in ATSC) and OTA HD (using 22dB amplified rabbit ears) is pretty cool, but I know I'm going to be reemed through the nose if I want to upgrade my D10 to a MPEG4 receiver :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts