Free upgrade to the Hopper 3?

And, if you didn't know that, just read this forum for a couple of days.

Most of the people who get discounts call up dish and threaten to cancel or complain about how long they have been a customer. Very few actually get major discounts just for asking.

20 years and always having top tier package has to count for something. Dish needs to show a little loyalty here, now and then.
They will if you ASK for it with some respect. One of my "mantras" in life is..."It never hurts to ask. The WORST that can happen is they say NO."

I want to upgrade to the Hopper 3 but also want to reduce my bill. We are out of the commitment period. We are on America's Top 200 but I plan to downgrade to AT120. We don't need the extra channels any longer. I would also like to get the 1 year reduced price of $34.99.

How is Dish handling this? Do I have to stick with long-term pricing if I sign up for the free Hopper upgrade, or do you think I can get them to do both for me? We have been a loyal customer for over 10 years.

I want to upgrade to the Hopper 3 but also want to reduce my bill. We are out of the commitment period. We are on America's Top 200 but I plan to downgrade to AT120. We don't need the extra channels any longer. I would also like to get the 1 year reduced price of $34.99.

How is Dish handling this? Do I have to stick with long-term pricing if I sign up for the free Hopper upgrade, or do you think I can get them to do both for me? We have been a loyal customer for over 10 years.

You never need a certain level of programming package for upgrades, they are two separate things. However what your level of programming is and or has been is used towards determining what you must pay for upgrades and will entail a two year commitment.

What year of reduced price are you referring to? There are new customer prices but you would not be eligible for that. Top 120 is $64.99 and does include the RSNs. If you mean you want Top 120+ that Includes sports/RSN and is $69.99.
It may be possible to get DISH to give you a discount off of the package price for a period of time, It won't be new customer pricing. Getting it depends on several things the sum of which is really only known to DISH, includes what package you have had, how long a customer, paying on time, etc etc...
If you have any add on packages you might have a better chance getting those reduced such as the Sports package, premium channels, etc...

At first the rep told me $150. Said nope not paying that much. Spoke with Dish Loyalty and the rep knocked off $80. Took that offer. I was with dish 2 years prior and now back with them again so far at 6 months so not too bad of an offer.

Reactions: Tampa8
20 years and always having top tier package has to count for something. Dish needs to show a little loyalty here, now and then.

I can tell you they absolutely do not care! I need to be in another city for the next year and was told that I have to set up a new account to get Dish there and keep my existing install active. This means a 24 month commitment, credit checks, everything. Dish, Loyalty, and DIRT ...none of them care that I also have been a 18 plus year top-tier customer with Dish. It is beyond disappointing and this is the first time I am considering moving to the other company.

I can tell you they absolutely do not care! I need to be in another city for the next year and was told that I have to set up a new account to get Dish there and keep my existing install active. This means a 24 month commitment, credit checks, everything. Dish, Loyalty, and DIRT ...none of them care that I also have been a 18 plus year top-tier customer with Dish. It is beyond disappointing and this is the first time I am considering moving to the other company.
Unless you're moving to a cable co you will have the same issue with DirecTV. You can not have one account with receivers in multiple locations. It's called account stacking

The fact you use the words "Top Tier" makes your post suspect to me..... Beyond that you telling DISH you want to do something they do not allow, account stacking and then you want them to tell you it's ok to break the rules.

Never be afraid to walk away.

I can not agree with that. If you say you will leave if ...... then yes you should be prepared to do so. But there are times you should be afraid to (Cautious about saying it) meaning the problem has to be bad enough that nothing else matters. If you are a DIrectv customer as an example looking to lower your bill and you feel they should be doing it for you and they refuse, there are consequences to going to DISH - you may not get your RSN in a couple of areas, they may not have a channel you watch all the time, no Sunday Ticket. Cable may not be good in your area etc etc. Leaving from DISH would have it's own set of things to be considered. (I would pay more with Directv, I would have receivers I don't like as much etc etc) The saying is "Bite your nose off to despite your face."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)