Free upgrade to the Hopper 3?

Does anyone know if DISH will be giving free upgrades to current customers? I have the Hopper w/Sling and was curious. Also if I get a Hopper 3 then there will be no need for my Super Joey correct? Just a regular Joey is all I should need to watch TV in the bedroom. The only reason I have a Super Joey right now is to get the 5 tuners. Since the Hopper 3 will be coming with 16 tuners I don't see this as a need.
Definitely NOT necessarily free for current customers. They wanted $150 + $10 install fee for me. I'm out of contract and can get all new equipment for free plus a comparable channel package for about half what I'm paying now from DTV (that's for the first year). I much prefer Dish but I may have to go with what I can afford as I'm recently retired. Still thinking.......

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Definitely NOT necessarily free for current customers. They wanted $150 + $10 install fee for me. I'm out of contract and can get all new equipment for free plus a comparable channel package for about half what I'm paying now from DTV (that's for the first year). I much prefer Dish but I may have to go with what I can afford as I'm recently retired. Still thinking.......

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
That is only for customers that do not qualify for free.

Not free for current customers. I've been with Dish for 15 years and still cost me $50 upgrade for H3 and one 4k joey. The equipment still costs $. Why would anyone expect it to be free? Does the local car dealership give freebies away? Never. I have NO problem with the $50 fee. I chose to upgrade and therefore should be responsible for the fee.

Not free for current customers. I've been with Dish for 15 years and still cost me $50 upgrade for H3 and one 4k joey. The equipment still costs $. Why would anyone expect it to be free? Does the local car dealership give freebies away? Never. I have NO problem with the $50 fee. I chose to upgrade and therefore should be responsible for the fee.

Some people believe a two year contract is payment enough.

Reactions: electricianjoel
I'm 1 month into a 24 month commitment. Does anyone know if I'll loose my introductory pricing if I choose the new hopper 3 with a new 24 month commitment?

The 50 dollar fee was for the 4K Joey. If you had elected to go with Joey 2s and a Hopper 3 it would have been free....

I have a ViP622 and no other receivers in the house. The TVs are all connected with an HDMI splitter.

What would my monthly bill and fees look like if I do a H3 upgrade?

Needs to be standardized pricing.
Why? Why should those with leverage or good interpersonal skills be lumped in with those who possess neither?
Look, no matter how you slice it, a business with any customer service savvy is going to give the best deals to their best customers.

Most of the people who get discounts call up dish and threaten to cancel or complain about how long they have been a customer. Very few actually get major discounts just for asking.
I got some nice discounts and I did not have to ask. They offered. The CSR noted how long I have been a customer and the fact that I am auto pay and no contract.....Never had an agreement with Dish....All three items are known as "leverage"..
I called to dump HBO because I was at the end of my half price discount period. The CSR not only offered me half price HBO indefinitely, but Showtime, which I called to add anyway, free for the next six months and then at a discount from there on....I am confident that if I wanted to upgrade to an H3, I'd get it free of charge.
I started with dish in 1997

I would not need a 4K....No interest. I have perfectly good working TV's right now and have no intention of replacing them....The 4K is not required to upgrade to the H3, is it?
No, It wasn't when I asked.
They did ask how many 4K tvs I have, But when I told them None, they still didn't say anything about it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I want to upgrade to the Hopper 3 but also want to reduce my bill. We are out of the commitment period. We are on America's Top 200 but I plan to downgrade to AT120. We don't need the extra channels any longer. I would also like to get the 1 year reduced price of $34.99.

How is Dish handling this? Do I have to stick with long-term pricing if I sign up for the free Hopper upgrade, or do you think I can get them to do both for me? We have been a loyal customer for over 10 years.
Downgrading programming may have an adverse effect on your potential to receive discounts.
Get the H3 and wait a month or so.....THEN downgrade programming....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts