Free upgrade to the Hopper 3?

Where are you getting negative revenue from? They were positive last year, and not only that, they had less consumers but greater net profits.
I was being sarcastic.
You made it sound like Dish's Customer are bleeding them dry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No, but at the same time they are not a charity. They have stock holders to report to, and must do the most fiscally responsible thing. With the type of equipment, and the cost of production and to build up stock, it makes sense to charge for it. I am shocked they lowered this one to $150. Before it was $200 on the HWS and H2K releases. So that just shows they have mastered the art of compromise, and are able to build their receivers efficiently.

Well you can't promote the best equipment ever, when you don't make it easy to upgrade your existing customers to it.

I don't know the terms But they wanted to charge me $210
That's an insult that was quickly turned right around on a customer that still pay $160 a month under a Promo
Do they really want to lose out on a potential $200 + a month customer for that $210 bucks?
Apparently not.
That's why their tone quickly changed to $50

When you don't net a single new customer in over a year, You really should start placing you focus on who's in front of you right now.

So my question to you, would you pay $210 and want to sign a 24 month commitment for an H3 that you can't keep or do anything else with?

So just buy it then.

I've never had to pay upfront fee on a leased receiver.

The beauty is there is no upfront lease fee...unless you want to upgrade the upgrade to a 4k Joey...the fee is an installation fee. 2-3 hour install on average, that is at least $150 in costs...if loyal customer, pay on time, etc, and willing to sign 2 Yr commitment dish waives it. Too me, that is great customer service.

Years ago when the DVR was pretty new, a new customer had to pay an upfront fee to get it. I don't recall anyone ever getting that fee waived.

How long have you been a customer?
Of tv? Since 1995.
Directv was the first Dish I ever bought.
But it was a bargin st $1000, compared to the $6500 it would have cost me to pay cable services to run service from the street into my development.

And I owned that RCA equipment, and used it until 1999.
Then Switched to cable in 1999 until 2003
Then took an offer to subscribe to 12 months term with Directv for $49 and I got 3 Samsung SD receivers. Again owned, in February 2006, bought H20-600 from a Directv rep for $149, Again owned.
In January 2007, Took a free upgrade to the HR20-700, Started a 12 month commitment under their new lease terms and as an existing customer upgrade

Liked Voom, so In July 2007 I signed up for dish,
Again no upfront charge, 622,211.
Dumped Directv in January 2008
Added another room with Dish
Upgraded for free again to a 612.
Dropped my 211 in January 2009 for a 722k, Again no charge.

Switched to Directv in 2012 , Free, HR34,HR23 2-H25s, Took free upgrade to a HR24 dropping 1 H25.
Bought a used c31 from an x employee, Paid $65, including a mounting kit from an H25.

In oct 2014 dropped Directv, Went back to cable Tivo T6, with 4 minis again. No charge.

Couldn't stand cables prices, so took a Dish price lock in August 2015.
2 HOPPER 2 joey system, Again no upfront cost.
Bought 211z, hooked it up and here we are today.

Again I haven't dropped a Dime on a leased piece of equipment.

Looks like you missed the time period when they were charging new customers then. It was only for a couple years.
I think what the difference is, I let them come to me, And it's worked everytime.
Quite a few people here, go looking for upgrades over every little thing. I can assure you that is not the normal customer.

I see more people from here paying upfront lease fees because they alway have to have the next big thing.
I buddy of mine who wanted 4K with directv, Just got a HR54 , C61 and 2 c41s didn't pay a dime as an existing customer.
He had 2 HR24s, and One H24.
They basically swapped his entire system.

Dish is willing to do my Entire system with an H3, 4K Joey, and 4 Regular joeys for $50. That quite a bit better then the $210 they first quoted me.
And why not? They Know I'm Going To Pay them A minimim of $150 a month.

That's my point, why charge good customers more then that , I would rather keep them happy so they can spend the $200 with my company on my programming. And maybe he'll stay a while.

A Happy customer is not going to mind paying his bill, A customer that feels devalued isn't going to give a crap about advancing with the company let alone pay his bill on time.

I think what the difference is, I let them come to me, And it's worked everytime.
Quite a few people here, go looking for upgrades over every little thing. I can assure you that is not the normal customer.

I see more people from here paying upfront lease fees because they alway have to have the next big thing.
I buddy of mine who wanted 4K with directv, Just got a HR54 , C61 and 2 c41s didn't pay a dime as an existing customer.
He had 2 HR24s, and One H24.
They basically swapped his entire system.

Dish is willing to do my Entire system with an H3, 4K Joey, and 4 Regular joeys for $50. That quite a bit better then the $210 they first quoted me.
And why not? They Know I'm Going To Pay them A minimim of $150 a month.

That's my point, why charge good customers more then that , I would rather keep them happy so they can spend the $200 with my company on my programming. And maybe he'll stay a while.

I understand the waiving of upgrade fees for existing customers, especially good customers. What I was saying is that Dish had an upfront fee for NEW customers to get their best receiver. The basic SD receivers were free but there would be like a $100 upgrade fee to get the HD DVR.

Are you a happy customer, then, or unhappy? I had to pay $50 for the H3 + 2 Joey 2's and I don't mind.
I'm a very Happy customer.
I'm such a good customer, I usually pay my bill before the auto pay.

I was a bit ticked when they quoted me that $210, but only because I've been dealing with this slow Joey 1.0 that they left unawsered for.
But nothing major they are sending me a remote to try, And I doubt that will change anything, But it's better then nothing.

And I do have an offer to upgrade when ever I choose.
Probably March sometime. But again I'm really not in any hurry, And I may not even upgrade this year even.

I have time I only pay $12 now for 2 Hoppers.

I went online yesterday, and they wanted $150 for the new Hopper 3. Mentioned I saw online that people were paying $50 for their upgrade, and asked nicely if they could do the same for me - it worked :) I'm happy - they are coming here tomorrow to install.

What is the Joey 2.0? They show on the appointment that they will be installing (1) Hopper 3 and (4) Joey 2.0. I hope it performs better than the Joey 1.0!

I went online yesterday, and they wanted $150 for the new Hopper 3. Mentioned I saw online that people were paying $50 for their upgrade, and asked nicely if they could do the same for me - it worked :) I'm happy - they are coming here tomorrow to install.

What is the Joey 2.0? They show on the appointment that they will be installing (1) Hopper 3 and (4) Joey 2.0. I hope it performs better than the Joey 1.0!

The Joey 2 is a faster version of the Joey 1. It will be a nice improvement for your system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts