Free US channels on FTA system

poscher7

Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
utica,ny
Can you receive channels like MEtv, and Antenna TV?

I've looked at IPTV boxes and services but confused if you can get these channels.
I haven't seen them on Roku/Amazon/Sling,
The other services see as though they may be illegal and not interested in that.
My house is on the edge of a good OTA even with an outside antenna and amplifiers.

I've looked at IPTV boxes and services but confused if you can get these channels.
I haven't seen them on Roku/Amazon/Sling,
The other services see as though they may be illegal and not interested in that.
My house is on the edge of a good OTA even with an outside antenna and amplifiers.
Yes you can receive many of the diginet channels via free to air dish. Cozi is available on ku (small dish) but you will need a larger c band dish though for most of the others. To my knowledge Antenna TV is not available via FTA.

What is your antenna setup? There may be parts that can be upgraded to get better OTA reception.
Do you have good antenna height? Above trees and peaks of houses? The right antenna? UHF vs VHS vs combo antenna's?

Yes I have used Eagle Aspen, and Yagi Antennas but may need to go 40 plus feet in elevation and that is beyond the parameters of the Property. VHS is rare now right? Most are a UHF Digital?

Thanks

Yes you can receive many of the diginet channels via free to air dish. Cozi is available on ku (small dish) but you will need a larger c band dish though for most of the others. To my knowledge Antenna TV is not available via FTA.

Thanks, that helps a lot since it is Antenna tv that is the most important to us.

Where are you located? How far from the transmitter? Do you know if your affiliate is on UHF or VHF (VHF hi or low) some broadcasters have had to move back to VHF low (2-6) since the re-pack and many antennas they sell now aren’t VHF low.

Are we to assume that you're shooting for WVVC (virtual 40-1, real 33-1)?

It is helpful to include the callsign for the station you're seeking.

Are we to assume that you're shooting for WVVC (virtual 40-1, real 33-1)?

It is helpful to include the callsign for the station you're seeking.
Yes WVVC is real 33 UHF
It does have Antenna and Cozi TV
Some of it channels are down because of cable internet issues.
It is east of Utica on Higby Hill near Albany Rd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts