Free voice remote upgrade for my Hopper 3!

Based on the other thread the latest software update U525 broke the Hopper3 ability to be controlled by voice. I have not updated my 2 Hopper3 receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Based on the other thread the latest software update U525 broke the Hopper3 ability to be controlled by voice. I have not updated my 2 Hopper3 receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That's not the case here. I've got a Hopper 3 with U525 and the voice functions on the remote are working fine.

I got the free 54.0 remote yesterday and it works ok on my H2 so far, but I haven't gotten the latest update though. Overall, I can't say I'm impressed with the 54.0 over our 40.0's, so it will likely get tucked away as a spare.

I posted earlier about needing to contact Dish to get the remote shipped to my billing address instead of my RV park service address, which I did. The CSR was very cooperative and spent quite awhile getting the order straightened out and headed in the right direction despite the computer system repeatedly trying to send it to my service address. Then I ended up getting two confirmations, one for each address! Then yesterday I got two "Out for delivery" notices, one from UPS for our billing address, and one from the USPS for our service address. Since we're no longer at the service address location, I called the park and told them what was coming and that they could give it anyone they new with a Dish system, keep it themselves as a paper weight (they have cable), or refuse the delivery. The owner thanked me and said her daughter has Dish, so it'll go to a good home anyway...

I got the free 54.0 remote yesterday and it works ok on my H2 so far, but I haven't gotten the latest update though. Overall, I can't say I'm impressed with the 54.0 over our 40.0's, so it will likely get tucked away as a spare.

I posted earlier about needing to contact Dish to get the remote shipped to my billing address instead of my RV park service address, which I did. The CSR was very cooperative and spent quite awhile getting the order straightened out and headed in the right direction despite the computer system repeatedly trying to send it to my service address. Then I ended up getting two confirmations, one for each address! Then yesterday I got two "Out for delivery" notices, one from UPS for our billing address, and one from the USPS for our service address. Since we're no longer at the service address location, I called the park and told them what was coming and that they could give it anyone they new with a Dish system, keep it themselves as a paper weight (they have cable), or refuse the delivery. The owner thanked me and said her daughter has Dish, so it'll go to a good home anyway...
Yeah, the 54 is a nice remote but.... I actually only use it for the voice function in those odd times that I find a use for that. The 40 remote just makes things easier. To be upfront, my 40 remote is stored in my remote box next to the TV. I actually use a Harmony 700 which mimics the 40....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)