Freeze-up on Amazon Prime video

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
This has happened twice now. I start up AP video and select a show (Jack Ryan). My wife wants closed captioning so I hit pause to turn it on once the program starts. (Unlike Netflix, AP doesn't seem to remember that cc was turned on or the selected text size from the last viewing.) It is when I turn on cc and scroll down to increase the text size that the freeze-up happens. There is no response to any remote action. The cursor won't move and it will not cancel out. (Tried both a 54 and 40 remote.) The only thing I can do is turn the Hopper off and back on from the remote and start over. At this point, AP seems to work normally again. I can adjust the cc and watch my show. Not a killer bug, but annoying.

This has happened twice now. I start up AP video and select a show (Jack Ryan). My wife wants closed captioning so I hit pause to turn it on once the program starts. (Unlike Netflix, AP doesn't seem to remember that cc was turned on or the selected text size from the last viewing.) It is when I turn on cc and scroll down to increase the text size that the freeze-up happens. There is no response to any remote action. The cursor won't move and it will not cancel out. (Tried both a 54 and 40 remote.) The only thing I can do is turn the Hopper off and back on from the remote and start over. At this point, AP seems to work normally again. I can adjust the cc and watch my show. Not a killer bug, but annoying.

That's definitely annoying! Have you been able to contact our tech support for any troubleshooting or to report this as a bug? To report issues with equipment we need the account number, or we would be able to do it here.

That's definitely annoying! Have you been able to contact our tech support for any troubleshooting or to report this as a bug? To report issues with equipment we need the account number, or we would be able to do it here.
After some experimentation, I believe that the problem occurs when you select "Skip Intro" and then hit pause to turn on cc too quickly. If I wait until the program starts back up before pausing, all is well.

After some experimentation, I believe that the problem occurs when you select "Skip Intro" and then hit pause to turn on cc too quickly. If I wait until the program starts back up before pausing, all is well.

While having the Amazon Prime App is a great thing to have, we are always looking at areas where we can improve.

Thanks for your feedback! We will go ahead and submit to over to the technical operations team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)