Freezing on HDNet Movies? Anyone else?

For the last few days, on a lot of the HD channels, they've been dropping out, freezing, pixillating etc to some extent.. It's been almost/mostly unwatchable.

On my 942 and both 811's.

They fixed the HDNET/HDNET Movies problem sometime after 11:30AM Saturday morning.

If you watched both channels side by side, you would have seen that it was freezing on both at the same time. Thus it was something going on with Transponder 7 on 110.

As of 7pm this evening, over 5 hours and not one glitch.

This is a reply that I got from Dishnetwork concerning the quality of HD programs.

"Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have confirmed the VOOM issue. We have had meetings over the last few days regarding this topic. Another one is scheduled tomorrow to finalize our solution. The coordination involved in achieving these changes may take awhile. It is our policy not to give out the technical aspect of our operations, but rest assured we will be working as fast as possible to resolve it. We thank you for your continued patience and for pointing out this situation to us. Our HD customers are valuable, and we hope you are pleased with the result!

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience, information, and for being a valued customer."

EchoStar Satellite LLC

Quality Assurance Department

dishquality@echostar.com

Made a recording of Hogan's Heros on 9422 (I think it was Saturday 8-9 AM if wrong then it was Friday at that same time) that cause my 921 to freeze during playback. It was so bad that my unit locked up and the disk actuator was having seeking problems. I had to delete the program.

Anyone else with a HD DVR had that problem?

They Don't know how to leave well enough alone.

Same issues again. Started Thursday afternoon.

Transponder 7 - both HDNET and HDNET Movies freezing up at the same time.

Simply amazing.

edit:

Same as last week. Call the clueless CSRs. They say they know of no problems but they will send a message to the real techs.

Last edited:
In all fairness, E* is doing a lot of work getting the additional HD channels ready...as well as unscrewing VOOM. I know it sucks, but I'm sure what can be done other than to send an e-mail to DishQuality and place a call into Tech Support. At a minimum, get the problem document and ask for a service credit.

All this freezing, video/audio drop problems is starting to remind me of cable, but I'm willing to cut them a little slack since the HD service has been very reliable over the past 7 months.

riffjim4069 said:
In all fairness, E* is doing a lot of work getting the additional HD channels ready...as well as unscrewing VOOM. I know it sucks, but I'm sure what can be done other than to send an e-mail to DishQuality and place a call into Tech Support. At a minimum, get the problem document and ask for a service credit.
All this freezing, video/audio drop problems is starting to remind me of cable, but I'm willing to cut them a little slack since the HD service has been very reliable over the past 7 months.

This should have no impact on what they are doing on 110 with HDNET/HDNET Movies.

Cut them slack? If they want me to be a beta tester, don't charge me for service this month.

I am sure that will happen.

The break-ups are really annoying. I've been home during the day lately burning some vacation time before I lose it....some decent movies on HDNET movies too bad it freezes. Very frustrating. Kids watching The Goonies "Dad, stop doing that" every few minutes.

Yup, breaking up again, but it resumes unlike last time, or maybe last time I didn't wait it out

BFG said:
Yup, breaking up again, but it resumes unlike last time, or maybe last time I didn't wait it out

Ugh....is it doing it AGAIN? I have not seen the problem this evening although I have not been watching HDNET this evening either.

It was fixed this afternoon for Navy Seals and I Dreamed of Africa.

I assumed an email to mark cuban first thing this morning stated that this was the second weekend in a row for this crap via E* targetting Transponder 7 on 110 was enough to put a fire under the E*techs to get it fixed quickly.

This crap that E* is doing with the HD channels is beginning to get old. I understand that they are trying to add new HD channels and are making adjustments to the HD channels but how hard can it be to just fix it. Also, HD Movies is all by itself with HD Net in one TP so just leave it alone.

Are you guys only seeing it on HDnet and HD net Movies? Hell, I'm seeing breakups and audio drops on alot of the channels. Only lasts about 3-5 seconds but it happens every ten minutes. I recorded a PPV movie onto DVD tonight and thank god it wasn't doing it at the time.

I don't know about HDNET but during GLORY on HDNEt Movies....there was freezing....I was watching it last night and it was very annoying. They should really have fixed these problems by now. Goes to show you why people choose Direct over Dish even though Direct has less HD.

:D I noticed for last few weeks frozen picture and audio dropout happening every time I am changing channel and actually very annoying to me. It becomes even more noticeable after the latest software upgrade. In addition, OTA channels when they are in HD mode are doing the same thing.