Freezing Pictures ???

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Anyone else notice this the last couple of days? TBS and Spike this morning. Doesn't seem to affect just one channel.

Vip211 receiver (110-119-129)

I DVRed Dancing with the Stars last night. Started watching about 40 minutes into the program. Picture froze twice during two hour show. I don't know if it was the DVR, Dish feed, local channel, or ABC.

If a bunch of subs aren't noticing it after giving it a day or so I'm going to have to believe its an equipment issue. I've noticed it the last couple of days on various channels. Even switching between channels I've landed on one that is frozen. I did the receiver reboot and switch unplug, etc. To be continued.....

I have been having this same issue. I thought it was just my 922. It does it on different channels I have noticed it on USA, TNT and my local CBS affiliate that I can think of. I did not see it today though.

I have a 211. This is happening to me too. Happened before with a previous iteration of software about a year ago. It goes away if you bring up the guide and then go back to the program.

Since the latest update on my 722k, I've had freezing when I'm trying to delete a program I have recorded and watched. Right after I put my password in and click OK, the unit freezes up and reboots. I trying to keep track on how many times it's happening.
Ghpr13:(

I'm seeing this video stuttering on my 622. Sometimes it's just a sudden, but very short, freeze. Other times I get macro blocking along with it.
Haven't noticed it on my 612, but the 622 just got the new software update so the issue may have hitch hiked a ride in on the new software.

I have just noticed it on my 922 when I watch live TV. I have never noticed it on my 722, but i rarely ever watch live TV on my 722, always recordings on it. I have never had the problem with a recording, just live TV.

My 722 has started to freeze a few times a week. Sometimes a warm (Power button) reboot fixes it. Usually a cold reboot (unplug for 30 sec) is required. I'm hoping I'm not going to need a 4TH 722 in 5 years. Very "Yugo" quality-like if so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts