Frequent Reboots Required

rdale

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Lansing, Michigan, United States
For the last month or two I'm finding the need to hit the reset button at least once a week on ku original hopper. I'll notice that the remote stops working, and then after a minute all the buttons I pressed start working at once, then the receiver will freeze for a few minutes. Then it'll be fine but just delay response to buttons. Then it'll lock up.

I got the new software Thursday night and have had to reboot Friday evening and just now. Any thoughts?

You may have a defective receiver but you need to tell us more if we are to help.
There is no ku Hopper. There are the Hopper 2000 (H2k) and the Hopper with Sling (HwS).
Which is your current software? It depends on the receiver. For HwS it was S330 with known problems.
What other devices are you using? Over the air (OTA) through USB? External Hard Drive (EHD)?
These with or without a hub? Internet connection? Phone line? HDMI or component or composite?
Any surge protector or UPS in the power line?
We assume the remote's batteries show up in the Menu+Menu display as OK. Get that with the software version.
Check the network status Yellow+NetworkStatus+Tests+12(?) page downs+ViewCounters.
Look at the Fsck date. That was the last time you had a full reboot. Check Temperatures are below 120 or so.
I forgot, single or duo node, Dish model?
Joeys? Second Hopper? The full equipment list.
more...
-Ken

Not sure where ku came from :) Original with S423. OTA and Sling through USB. HDMI. WiFi. One Joey in the system but only kids use that so I don't know. All stuff on surge. FSCK 1/26 @ 1:29am. Average temp 120.

When starting today I got the same "new features" message that I had yesterday morning.

When I'm playing a show. I'll notice after FF that it takes 10-15 seconds to respond to hitting play again. Then after a bit it stops responding to FF. Then I'll pause and can't get unpaused. Then after a while it just stops responding to anything. Only seems to happen during PTAT blocks (but occurs regardless of what I'm watching)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)