Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
WHEN IS IT acceptable for TV to start running ads for Christmas products? To make it simple, our "on air" options are:
1) POST HALLOWEEN
2) SLIGHTLY PRE-THANKSGIVING
3) POST THANKSGIVING

We'll see how we do in West Central Michigan! Chime in here, if you like! Me? I saw "Glade" doing their "Winter Aromas!" Found it to be TOOOO early to see Santa.

Last edited:
#3 is my choice, although to be honest with the weather (snow last night) and with me getting ready with our holiday giveaways I got to admit if I had my choice I would have my tree up already and the christmas music playing. :D

I am feeling festive this year... now if I could only figure out what to give me wife for Christmas ;)

The West/West Central Michigan listeners agree with number "3"......in our case, "THREE SHALL BE THE NUMBER OF THE COUNT"...
please continue voting here!

Jim I think you should be the guy who decorates the trees downtown this year. Sounds like you have better lighting. :)

#2. However, our Walmart, and probably lots of other walmarts, already have the Christmas trees on display and all the decorations and new ornaments out. It is one of my favorite things to just walk back thru that part of the store every time we are there. My trees won't go up until the day after Thanksgiving if I hold out for tradition. If I don't, they could be up as early as next week. It just depends on how the weather affects my mood.

Jim I think you should be the guy who decorates the trees downtown this year. Sounds like you have better lighting. :)
Oh yea!
Last year, the LED lights my city used were very OLD. when they lit them, instead of a big "oooooh" from the crowd, it was more of an...."oh."
Supposedly they have bought new ones this year! We shall see! My City manager listens to every show, as does our Chamber, but they sometimes
are afraid to call! To top it off, the "countdown" by the Mayor for the lighting had a failure of the PA, and nobody could hear him! It was like a bad movie!

He should have been on WION Live with the Christmas Countdown, with Holiday Music. playing.

I still think you should go aheady with your leg lamp idea. :D

Here is a pic of my Leg Lamp shrine at my office. :)

(Now I got 57 Channels and there nothing on stuck in my head...)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 106
With so many solar powered outdoor lights you think someone would have come up with a christmas light version.
I have a small string of lights that were originally designed to run off 2 D cells.It would be a goof to mate that with
my solar rechargeable light and mount it on the top of a tree outside.No visible power source,to keep them guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts