Friday FTA Fun Poll 4/18

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Almost forgot about the Friday FTA Fun Poll :)

This one might be pretty simple. Was at the cabin today and thought "god if I lived here I could bury a bunch of dishes in the ground right by the lake....that got me thinking

so the question for this week is.....

Taking your EXISTING FTA setup as it is now, which ONE thing would you change if you could??

so its technically a hypothetical question :)

mine's simple....

I would like the ability to bury a C-Band dish in the yard so I can have it move automatically (and not ghetto moved) :)

more power !

I'd probably add C-band...
The proper way - cement, short pole, & motorized.

And a Birdview wouldn't be refused.
Of course, they are few and far between around here.
So, maybe a 7.5' or something in the 8.5' size would be interesting.

And I'm thinking maybe... "C-band only".
Probably using a C2 LNBf.
It's a waste of effort to go for Ku on a BUD if you have other dishes.
...and the Ku-BUD marriage is troublesome.

Last edited:
I'd add C-band and probably 3 more stationary Ku dishes.

The cool thing the other day when my wife and I were talking about what type of home we'll want in a few years. We were going over stuff that we wanted and my wife asked me "well don't you want a big open yard with a good view of the south or a house with one of the big dishes already ?" I told her right there she was perfect. :)

It would have to be a 12' dish, C-Band only as I already have a motorized and a T-90 in the works. It would have an actuator too so I could move it and sweep the sky. I would also want to be able to sweep the maximum amount of sky as is possible.

MORE DISHES! I think I will not try for too many LNBF's on one dish. Trying to figure how many dishes high I should go on one post. It looks like three or four. I am drawing the plans.
Stable power. Good batteries, solar and wind chargers.

Got me dreaming again, Iceberg!

More space on my 9' x 5' flatroof, which is home to my dish farm and OTA antenna array :)

See Linuxman's pad for an example of my dream dish farm real estate :D

Probably the only thing I would change is get a new 10' dish, my existing old faithful is starting to show her age, moss starting to grow in it and a lot of hail stone dimples from various storms over the years.

I want to harvest the BUD down the road

I really want to get the BUD offered to me 1/2 mile down the road. It is solid and at least 10' across.

I think this is going to be a big project and the wife is very sceptical.

I'd put the 36" back on pipe over (flooded) storm cellar to get 30 degrees west
- hispasat c. It's right at the horizon (between zero and 5 degrees elevation)
and I inverted the dish before - but they have nice floor shows on one of their channels where the Spanish women "forget " to wear their tops when dancing...

Maybe I'll buy another 3ABN system this year but I won't tell then what I'll
be watching...

peter in iowa :):D

I would love to have a 12 foot C-band dish in my backyard to go with my 3 foot KU dish and Directv 5 LNB dish!:hungry:

Not only that I also want a 160 meter to 23 CM ham radio antenna to add to my wish list!:D

Move my motorized dish off the roof and add one more dish for AMC3 maybe. Just finished my dish for G27, G10 and Echo7.:)

To all, if you can all help it do not put a dish on the roof, what a pain it can be in the winter to work on I found.:confused:

I would certainly like a very large c/Ku band dish (12 to 14 feet) with excellent gain and a great line of sight, but am limited to my Ku dish.
For current setup, a Ku band stationary dish with the ability to receive the complete satellite arc (without having to move a motor).

A simulsat dish with multiple c and ku feeds. Big $$$$$$$$ but would be a bunch of fun.
I thought about building one out of treated wood and fine screen mesh.

Stogie, I know where to find two 1.8M Channel Master reflectors (minus feed supports and mount), but they don't want to part with them :(

They're beautiful dishes, but weigh a ton...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts