From Seattle To Surrey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
A friend of mine who is a current DTV sub from Seattle is going to be spending 4-5 months of the year in Surrey B.C. and is going to take a couple HR-24's with him. In theory if he takes an AM-21 he should be able to receive the Seattle locals shouldn't he? I thought so but wasn't sure.

The HR24 has to be active in order for the AM21 to work. Other than that, he should be okay.

no need to use the AM21 for Seattle locals. Surrey would be in the footprint for Seattle locals (plus you're 120 miles from Seattle so OTA wont work.)

Good to know thanks. I never actually looked at the maps myself, but if no AM-21 is needed all the better.

since its only 15 miles or so from Blaine, WA (which is on the border and has Seattle locals) to Surrey, BC I'm sure he'll be fine

With the AM21 he should be able to scan in the Vancouver HD locals (2,6,8,10,17.32,42)...he won't have program info but he should be able to tune them directly.

The AM21 doesn't scan, it gets the channel list from a database.

It doesn't. You could use up to two cities that have as many of the same rf channels in it. The guide data would likely be wrong though.

So the am21 is not like the built-in tuner in the old h20-100s...and its $50 extra...such a deal!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So the am21 is not like the built-in tuner in the old h20-100s...and its $50 extra...such a deal!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The old tuners that were built in were better, this was D* response to those that hollered enough about losing thier locals, D* was hoping that thier local offering would be enough ... except D* only offers the Big 4 in most markets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

UVR TV AND DIRECT TV

HD Channels are looking like SD channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)