From the creator of family guy: Ted

Yeah didn't even know about this one.

After watching the censored trailer the movie looked like something I may take my daughter to see along with a couple of her girl scout friends. After see the uncensored trailer...not so much!!! :eek:

Anyway, it looks as though I will have to wait for this one on BD.

Just saw the movie..

It probably goes without saying so I'm going to say it that if you're not a fan of Family Guy or Seth Macfarlane humor then this probably isn't the movie for you. All his trademarks are here: The over the top jokes, offending those who are usually left alone, various pop culture and obscure nerd references, and not to mention that Ted sounds like Peter Griffin with a stuffy nose. Assuming you DO like this humor style then odds are you'll find a lot to like in this movie; I know I did. There are some genuinely funny moments and the humor is helped by the good cast of Walhberg and Kunis. The formula is familiar but the execution is fresh.

While I can easily recommend Ted I have to recommend you wait until it is released on DVD and blu ray simply because it's very obvious that they cut scenes from the final cut that will inevitably show up in the extended unrated cut, so rather that paying to see the movie twice you may as well see it right on video. For that I can easily recommend Ted and give it a B.

I saw it as well of course and it was just as funny as I expected. It made $54.1 million this weekend, a record for an original R-rated comedy. From the LA times:

Daily Dose:
The burning question over at 20th Century Fox this week should be why it didn't make Seth MacFarlane's "Ted," which took in over $50 million in its opening weekend. After all, MacFarlane's entire Hollywood career has been at 20th Century Fox, which makes "Family Guy" and "The Cleveland Show." But "Ted" was made by Media Rights Capital and Universal Pictures. Oops.

Ted rules. A dirty-talking teddy bear and a male stripper dominated the box office this past weekend. "Ted," starring Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis and a teddy bear voiced by "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane" took in an astounding $54.1 million, easily topping even the most optimistic of predictions. Coming in a strong second with almost $40 million was "Magic Mike," starring Channing Tatum as a male stripper. The combined box office of "Ted" and "Magic Mike" set a record for box office take by R-rated movies in a single weekend. Also opening strong was Tyler Perry's "Madea's Witness Protection," which ran off with $26.4 million. Pixar's "Brave" was also still strong, making about $34 million in its second weekend. Box-office recaps from the Los Angeles Times and Movie City News.

The Morning Fix: 'Ted' and 'Magic Mike' rule. Want to buy an Emmy? - latimes.com

Daily Dose:
The burning question over at 20th Century Fox this week should be why it didn't make Seth MacFarlane's "Ted," which took in over $50 million in its opening weekend. After all, MacFarlane's entire Hollywood career has been at 20th Century Fox, which makes "Family Guy" and "The Cleveland Show." But "Ted" was made by Media Rights Capital and Universal Pictures. Oops.

I was surprised when I saw the movie and the Universal Pictures logo came on the screen. Seems like it would have been a no-brainer for Fox to make this movie, but I suppose they felt they had done enough with the millions they already gave him and considering their Sunday Night lineup may as well be called "Seth MacFarlane and The Simpsons."

Saw it today and loved it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Me too! It was actually had a few unexpected cute/sensitive/emotional moments - loved it. Well done! The only thing I didn't like was the fart jokes got old after the 8th or 9th time. Also,
when Ted was ripped in half and all the stuffing came out, wouldn't his "guts" look like the filter of a used cigarette since he did so many hits on the bong? :confused:

"Ted" is playing at our bargain theater so my wife and I saw it tonight for $2 each. We both enjoyed it a lot, and vowed that our son would not see it as long as we can help it!

I loved all the cameos and Seth really knows how to play to the Sci Fi geeks. (I have that "formative movie" on Laserdisc!)

Just an FYI: Ted will be released on Blu-Ray/DVD/PPV/VOD on 12/11/12. I'm willing to at least rent it because, well, I'd like to see it again just in case the world decides to end 10 days later.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts