From the Edge with Peter Lik

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
Okay, my default channel is Weather Channel HD, since you never know when something interesting pops up, and there is never anything that makes me turn the channel (even the commercials seem innocuous). Every so often they show the long haired guy and the black guy who chase tornados - entertaining stuff.

So, I have seen a billion ads for "From the Edge from Peter Lik" for what seems like the last five years. :D

Okay, yes this guy wants to be Art Wolfe when he grows up, and maybe they will actually show the program before I pass on.

Just now, I look up and there are incredible HD scenes of Kiluaea lava entering the water at night ! :D

It seems that the first episode of Peter Lik is finally airing and it looks pretty good, so set a timer. Don't worry, like everything on Weather Channel, it is repeated a lot. ;) Oh, and only a half hour slot long.

PS And that reminds me that your PBS might have episodes of "Art Wolfe's Travels to the Edge" from the past three years, that also have amazing photography (in HD if your PBS is HD).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)