From VIP's to Hopper('s)

frlzero

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Central Iowa
Currently, we have 3 dual tuner dvrs and one single. is it time to jump to the Hopper/Joeys? We have 6 TV's, but only 3 are HD so would we need 2 Hoppers/ 4 Joeys to keep all 6 on separate tuners? i'm guessing the monthly price would be close to the same...Also, could a Hopper be used for a "short" (weekend) time in an RV?

Currently, we have 3 dual tuner dvrs and one single. is it time to jump to the Hopper/Joeys? We have 6 TV's, but only 3 are HD so would we need 2 Hoppers/ 4 Joeys to keep all 6 on separate tuners? i'm guessing the monthly price would be close to the same...Also, could a Hopper be used for a "short" (weekend) time in an RV?

Hi and :welcometo Sat Guys. I can look into a Hopper upgrade for you if you would like to PM me your account or phone number, full name and 4 digit pin number on the account. You can take a Hopper with you on an RV or DISH does allow you to add a 211 receiver to your Hopper account for RV and tailgaters. Please let me know and I will be happy to help! Thanks!

When you guys say "used in an RV", are you just hooking up the hopper and watching the shows on the DVR? I'm asking because I have a lake house and it would be nice to have shows to watch when we are down there.

When you guys say "used in an RV", are you just hooking up the hopper and watching the shows on the DVR? I'm asking because I have a lake house and it would be nice to have shows to watch when we are down there.
No, generally we have a sat dish to hook up to.

Yep, sounds like the best setup for you is 2 Hoppers, 3 Joeys and 1 (owned) ViP211K. With a Tailgater your life will be much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts