Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have heard AT&T is selling its Connecticut operations to Frontier. Frontier will take over on October 25th. When they do they will be dropping a number of channels from their lineup.

http://www.frontierct.com/residential/res_tv_service_u.php

Frontier TV is providing a very comprehensive channel lineup with over 800 channels. Our goal is to support your current AT&T channel lineup as close to what you have as possible. Frontier works hard to bring you the most interesting and exciting programming available at the economic rate you expect.

Effective on October 25, 2014, we will carry the same channel lineup you have now, with the exception of the following low viewership channels which will be discontinued (listed in alphabetical order): aapka Colors (channel 3712), beIN Sports (channels 662 and 3120 and 1662, and 3320 in HD), beIN Sports Espanol (channels 663 and 3119, and 1663 and 3319 in HD), Comcast SportsNet Bay Area HD (channel 1770), Comcast SportsNet California HD (channel 1767), Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (channel 1741), EPIX 2 (channel 893 and 1893 in HD), EPIX Drive In (channel 896), EPIX West (channel 892 and 1892 in HD), Liquidation Channel (channels 399 and 1399), Longhorn Network (channel 611 and 1611 in HD), MTV India (channel 3709), RFD TV (channel 568), Time Warner Cable Sportsnet HD (channel 1777), TVBe (channel 3638), TVB-V (channel 3664).

Any idea if Uverse customers with contracts will be obligated to stay with frontier? Doesn't seem right that we would have to stick with a provider we didn't choose ourselves. I've already noticed Internet disruptions over the past two weeks

Any idea if Uverse customers with contracts will be obligated to stay with frontier? Doesn't seem right that we would have to stick with a provider we didn't choose ourselves. I've already noticed Internet disruptions over the past two weeks
I doubt it, seeing your no longer gonna be with AT&T, but I would call and inquire.

Fwiw, Frontier taking this over doesn't surprise anyone that I know of, seeing they also took over Verizon/GTE services when they didn't want thier areas any longer either.

Frontier looks to pick up things that other companies no longer want to deal with.

Day 1 with Frontier- 30 + channels no longer available including 3 epix channels and several sports channels- will I be receiving a reduction on my bill?, dozens of channels on guide show "no info available", on demand is unavailable- receiving error code 0, failed to load resource, Internet download speeds horribly slow- 2.47 Mbps Dl and 1.91 ul, rebooted router and cable boxes numerous times per recorded message when calling frontiers customer service- this didn't help at all, waited to speak with live person and message stated they were experiencing heavy call volume and should try back later- was then disconnected. Is this the service I can expect to receive going forward?

I had Frontier for my internet service up until a short time ago. Worked very well when it worked. The problem with Frontier, imo, is when things don't work they aren't in any rush to fix it.

The first thing I found out with Frontier is that for a communication company, they don't communicate well externally or internally. The right and left hands are barely aware the other exists. If you have a problem, be prepared to call more than once and still not get any prompt service.

A very poorly run company, imo.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

I doubt it, seeing your no longer gonna be with AT&T, but I would call and inquire.

Fwiw, Frontier taking this over doesn't surprise anyone that I know of, seeing they also took over Verizon/GTE services when they didn't want thier areas any longer either.

Frontier looks to pick up things that other companies no longer want to deal with.
Spoke with Frontier today and they took over the contracts from AT&T so we are stuck until they expire.

Purging several Sports channels...interesting.
Also purged 3 Epix channels and we will no longer receive free Virus protection as was provided by AT&T. We can purchase their virus product though for $4.99 per month. Was also told monthly bill would be the same as it was previously so no credit for the channels we're losing.

Also purged 3 Epix channels and we will no longer receive free Virus protection as was provided by AT&T. We can purchase their virus product though for $4.99 per month. Was also told monthly bill would be the same as it was previously so no credit for the channels we're losing.
I will never use a McAfee product again. Microsoft Securities Essentials is much better...and free.

Reactions: cummingsje
So who is at fault for the screw ups with this transition, is it AT&T for building out a horrible network and Frontier trying to deal with it. Or Frontier for not knowing now to properly transition the network over. Or is it a little of both. Was Frontier just not prepared for this or were these unexpected problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)